Online registration for the OAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

r_salis

SDN Supa-Mod Emmetrope
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
ASCO finally has online registration for the OAT! It was kind of a pain in the butt before, having to get a certified check or money order, and having to fill out that huge scantron sheet. This makes it a lot easier. I was on their website today and just noticed the link.

So for those of you who haven't taken the OAT yet, you can register for it here: http://www.opted.org/

Members don't see this ad.

I saw that link the other day too. When I went to sign-up for the OAT, I was shoked and pretty amazed there was no online site to do it. In this day and age, they should have had online registration about 5 years ago.

Getting that money order or cerified check was a nightmare. I had forgotten my ATM pin number, did not have $100 in cash, and did not have a bank in the city I was in. After driving to the post office, and four banks, everyone turned me down to do it by credit card or cash my check. Then i found a friend on campus, I wrote him a check for the money, we drove to his bank, he step infront of the counter, cashed the check, he handed the money to me, I step infront of the counter and said, "Will you give me the certified check now?"

:laugh: rpames -- wow, and I thought just having to go to the ATM to get the money and then the drugstore to buy the money order was a lot to go through. You've got me beaten hands down!

I was complaining to my husband this afternoon about how ASCO *finally* got their e-commerce act together enough to accept online registrations, and he pointed out that as convenient and easy as registration is now -- I'll never have to take the OAT again!!!!! (Not that it was *that* bad, really...)

I went through a similar nightmare when I first moved to CA three years ago. I found out while there that the DMV doesn't take credit cards. WHAT!!?? :eek: I didn't know my credit card pin number, the credit card company wouldn't give it to me over the phone (for obvious reasons) and I'd just moved so I obviously had ZERO money in my checking account. (especially not enough to pay the 300 dollars it cost to registers cars in CA). I think I ended up having to borrow money from my boyfriend (which I hate doing) in order to pay it so I could get a cash advance later and pay him back. SUCH a nightmare. I hate the DMV. Doesn't take credit cards.. what kind of crap is that?? :confused: