Late Registration for NBEO Part III

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kakyuubi

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today (05/04/2022) was the opening date for registering for the NBEO part III clinical skills exam at 9PM EST. For personal financial reasons, I wasn't able to afford the exam at registration time, and it is now 7 hours after the opening time for registration and I can already no longer find any available spots for exam dates until late March of 2023.

To my understanding, the vast majority of residency program application deadlines are around Dec 31 - Jan 31 even though the final ORMatch deadline is March 1. For any of my seniors who were residency applicants who have been in my situation and didn't get an exam date before Jan 31...were you still able to apply for residencies on time? Or am I SOL

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you can still apply to residencies without your board scores finalized. That's exactly what I did, and I was still fine. I took part III in February this year and didn't get my score back until April, but I was fine. Obviously, it would be more ideal to have part 3 passed by the time you apply for residency, but it is by no means a deal breaker.

Reactions: 1 user