Online resource for AB rating

Started by diplomat
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

diplomat

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
At CVS they have a good resource to look up AB rating called FirstDataBank. I can't do Orange BOok, I think it sucks. Is there an online resource for AB rating? I was googling FirstBank but couldnt find one..Any suggestions???
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Honestly, orange book does suck. The site is well beyond its years, can use an update, and the system in which it compares drugs is stupid. We can all handle lexi, micromedex, pubmed, etc, but orange book like I said just sucks.

What do I do when I get an Rx for Zanaflex 4 mg capsules? Change to tizanidine 4mg tablets. Who else does that? Or do you tell your customer you can't change it and the copay is $75. Sorry, it's 8 pm, I would have to call your doctor tomorrow for me to change it when the office is open. Yes, I know you are having a back spasm now. Sorry, it's not me, its the doctor.

Anyways, I got off point. Orange book sucks. It sucks.
 
Honestly, orange book does suck. The site is well beyond its years, can use an update, and the system in which it compares drugs is stupid. We can all handle lexi, micromedex, pubmed, etc, but orange book like I said just sucks.

What do I do when I get an Rx for Zanaflex 4 mg capsules? Change to tizanidine 4mg tablets. Who else does that? Or do you tell your customer you can't change it and the copay is $75. Sorry, it's 8 pm, I would have to call your doctor tomorrow for me to change it when the office is open. Yes, I know you are having a back spasm now. Sorry, it's not me, its the doctor.

Anyways, I got off point. Orange book sucks. It sucks.

Orange Book on the web is often not up to date. Although it looks like Orange Book data is fed into First DataBank, they and Medispan are faster at adding new drugs as soon as they are marketed. (They have to be, as they market their databases to suppliers and payers). I think they just use the "Z" ratings until Orange Book catches up, and code for generic equivalence themselves if there is an ANDA.