Online vs. In Person Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qwer27

Reaction score
Hey guys!

So for next semester, my school is offering students the option to do the semester online or in-person. My family would prefer that I limit going outside if possible, and don't want me to do in-person classes. However, I am a part time medical assistant and really wanted to pick up clinical hours before I apply for the 2021-2022 cycle. This would require me to go outside around 2 days a week.

Commuting to school takes up a huge chunk of my day (it takes 1.5 hours to get there so 3 hours of my day go to just traveling). If I were to make these classes online I feel that I'd be wasting a lot less time and I can study more.

But would it look bad that I chose online classes vs in person, but then I'm going out to work as a medical assistant twice a week?

BTW I am finished with my pre-reqs so none of the classes I'm taking next sem even if online would be pre-reqs.

Members don't see this ad.

[Commuting to school takes up a huge chunk of my day (it takes 1.5 hours to get there so 3 hours of my day go to just traveling).]
Do it online. Just go do your medical assistant thing in person. Adcoms won't mind that Spring 2020 and Fall 2020 is online. Right, @Goro ?

Members don't see this ad :)
I would think if they are offering the choice they are not going to view it negatively. As long as you can learn with online classes do it. Some need to do it in person.