Only 1 DR invite so far.. Am I screwed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are they applying this year like me? I applied broadly targeting a lot of community + low/mid tier academic programs. Thank you for the info.. I am a bit less stressed thanks to you. But I will definitely send more LOIs.
Do you need a visa btw?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,
I just asked my friend from the same school (DO). He applied to rad as well with step1 236, step2 242 (I got step1 236, step2 237 and 1 DR invite). He also got only 1 DR invite so far. I think it isn't because I have red flags. Luckily he had a PM&R backup but I don't have backup ... :/

Any updates, did you or them end up getting more interviews?

Is it too late to add more low tier for OP?
I applied to all low tiers already from the beginning. I discussed my situation with rad discord group, and I was surprised that a lot of 230s are on the same boat. They also got <4 invites. I think I am genuinely screwed and just hope to match with 1 invite .. The chance according to the charting outcome is 50% :/

Any updates, did you or them end up getting more interviews?
Unfortunately, no. I am really sad and I may have to reapply. On discord, even there was an applicant DMed me saying he has low 240s on step 1 and he has few invites too. Damn. I should be mentally ready for reapplying next year :/ ...

Unfortunately, no. I am really sad and I may have to reapply. On discord, even there was an applicant DMed me saying he has low 240s on step 1 and he has few invites too. Damn. I should be mentally ready for reapplying next year :/ ...
Wow that's crazy.....

I applied to all low tiers already from the beginning. I discussed my situation with rad discord group, and I was surprised that a lot of 230s are on the same boat. They also got <4 invites. I think I am genuinely screwed and just hope to match with 1 invite .. The chance according to the charting outcome is 50% :/
Very sorry about all this. You did the best you could with the info you had.

So when you do your ROL, put your TYs behind your rad interview. Don’t list prelims on your primary ROL because that messes with your Medicare funding.

Prioritize TYs at institutions with radiology programs if you have any (which tend to be brutal TYs :/). That way you have an in at those programs and can get letters etc or maybe even get in there at that program.

I think to best advise you, the following info might be helpful:
1. COMLEX scores. Although less important if USMLE scores are available, they probably still carry some weight.
2. Research, esp Rads focused.
3. List of programs applied.
4. Number of rads rotations.

There's no way to know if there's a problem in one of your LOR's, etc. But with this, we can at least help you plan if you don't match at the one rads program you have.

Last edited: