only 2 LORs in!! help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mad_tcom

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
at this point, i only have 2 LORs finalized since the last attending who OFFERED to write me one has gone MIA. What is the next best thing I can do at this point? He is a staff neurologist at a very well known program and a letter from him would certainly help. However, i have a psychiatrist who would write me a letter quickly if I needed it.

so, should I keep waiting on the Neuro letter or just go ahead and get the psychiatrist to write me one just to fill in the 3 letter requirement?

p.s. I was lucky and my 2 submitted/finalized letters were excellent and have landed me interviews at places I thought would never take a second look at me.

Members don't see this ad.

Honestly, it looks like you're doing great with your already submitted LoR's. I'm with Fencer here, go with the psychiatrist if the two you have are already from neurologists.

If the psychiatrist can write you a really good letter, why not? It adds some depth as well.