only bio-pysio questions...lets discuss..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wadent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys i have a question read it somewhere ,,

The pressure in a cappilary in skeletal muscle is 37 mmhg at arteriolar. end
and 16 mmhg at venular. end,, the interstitial pr. is o mmhg,,, the colloid osmotic pr. is
26 mmhg in the cappilary and 1 mmhg in the interstitial fluid,,,,,the net force producin fluid movement across the cappilary wall is which of the following???

a.1 mmhg out of the cappilary
b.3 mmhg out of the cappilary
c.12 mmhg out of the cappilary
d.3 mmkh into the cappilary

answer is (B) ,,,,can some one out there pleaseeeeeee show me how to solve such question in step by step ,,how ?pls
lookin to hear from u..

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
yeah it is confusing,,, i just wana know how to solve such question ,,any clue ow to begin ???? i found this question in (mosby nbde1)

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah it is confusing,,, i just wana know how to solve such question ,,any clue ow to begin ???? i found this question in (mosby nbde1)

please check the numerical values in the question again......and the answer, may be a typo somwher.......
the logic is

Net Fluid Movement = Fluid movemnt out of capillary - into the capillary

Here the value of end arterial capillary hydostatic pr is given jus to confuse , in reality arterial pr had hardly any effect on capillary pr .its the venous pr that determines capillary b.p.

please confirm the answer as requested by others earlier

also do correct me am i wrong (it pricks real bad so say this again and again :p)

thats the question as is !!!its word by word,,, so any idea how to solve this one ????