Only got waitlists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know it won't kill me to take a year off, but honestly this is what I want to do so I wanted to try to get started early. I actually have fun taking classes, and enjoy the school atmosphere. I will be reapplying though if I don't get in, since this next year is the last year my MCAT will be valid (already started updating my AMCAS).

My AMCAS was sent in mid-July, so yes a bit late. I know I've made some small mistakes (lagging with the secondaries a bit), and I just hope that if I do have to reapply, then this cycle won't count against me. My main mistake was never looking at these forums until after most of my app was done!

Members don't see this ad.

mikeyboy said:
I know it won't kill me to take a year off, but honestly this is what I want to do so I wanted to try to get started early. I actually have fun taking classes, and enjoy the school atmosphere. I will be reapplying though if I don't get in, since this next year is the last year my MCAT will be valid (already started updating my AMCAS).

My AMCAS was sent in mid-July, so yes a bit late. I know I've made some small mistakes (lagging with the secondaries a bit), and I just hope that if I do have to reapply, then this cycle won't count against me. My main mistake was never looking at these forums until after most of my app was done!

You'll get in somewhere. Alot of the WL movement isn't through until the end of June!

Eraserhead said:
You'll get in somewhere. Alot of the WL movement isn't through until the end of June!

I agree. I think you have a good shot at WU and AECOM. Dont know anything about the other schools, so I wont comment.

Did you send any updates or a LOI to anyone?

Best,
Lochmoor

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I've sent in updates to everyone and a letter of interest to each school. Sent a letter of intent to UCSD. I also contacted interviewers at each school that I had email addresses for and expressed interest again. I'll continue to do so, and I'm pretty confident I'll get in but still it's hard to ignore the possibility.

Anyway, enough about me, good luck to everyone!

Let see, seven interviews, six waitlists, and ........ accepted on Friday at Jefferson in Philly. Very excited, now atleast I know I am going to be a doctor.

bumping this...it feels good to see people get off those waitlists!!!
congrats to those of you that have!!!

6 interviews, 5 waitlists, still waiting for one more response....it is getting a bit annoying telling people i dont know what i'm doing next year and having them tell me how rough it is to be on five waitlists...thanks, as if i didnt notice the roughness of the situation on my own...we just have to hang in there and cross our fingers!

Another member of the club here: 3 interviews, 2 waitlists, 1 post-int rejection. Is it just me or does it seem like there's been less wl movement this year than in years past?

There's always less movement, when you are the one not moving. I got 3 WL here and one more to hear back from ..... bleh

Add me to the list: 4 waitlists 0 acceptances

Note: The post-May 15th drama has begun BjOrKnRaDiOhEaD was accepted of the A-pool at UCSD (one of my four waitlists)...I only hope that I am just as lucky! :luck:

Signed,

Waiting for an e-mail/call/envelope/postcard/carrier-pigeon sometime this month

Hey guys, I was on 4 waitlists until last Tuesday... but then I got a call and now I'm 1 acceptance, 3 waitlists! So, hang in there, it'll happen. The process moves at a snail's pace but... trust me, it'll be that much sweeter when it happens. Best of luck-

Same...5 interviews, 4 waitlists, 1 pending...
sigh...i wanna quit my job soon
:(

Members don't see this ad :)
"a day in the life of 7 waitlists and 0 accepts"

i woke up this morning with not a thing to do, not even to get up. i knew it was going to be fairly hot out and even moving the slightest bit would result in friction and some more heat. ironically, the pleather couch I had made my nest upon the night before, feeling cool against my skin, was now turning against me, forcing me to escape the sea of sweat I?d been "sleep bathing" in. It?s a clever couch. It had reversed it?s late evening cooling powers to an early afternoon swamp. i had been reduced to nothing more than a sticky magnet on it?s surface. Had there been direct light on my situation, I would?ve burned a golden brown, crisp and baked, almost reaching the extremely dark shade of the couch itself. I?m surprised I didn?t peel off any of the fake leather as I rolled off to the left and on to the floor. my laptop and phone that were just beyond reach. Both my right arm and my left leg were still asleep. I am a pathetic SLUG, but I managed to check my email and voicemail none the less. Is this heroic? you be the judge

I just want to say that this is one of my favorite threads on SDN ever...it is so nice to know that i am not the only person sitting on multiple waitlists with zero acceptances for what feels like eternity.

How sad, I just started filling out my AMCAS again...picking schools and starting to think about what the hell I'll say in my PS. I don't want to see another $800 down the drain! I hope someone calls me before mid June or else I'll have to spend it...

I'll add myself. 3 waitlists, a fourth on the fence of accept/waitlist (but who knows with that) and 0 acceptances.

Are you guys getting ready to reapply or are you gonna tough it out on the waitlists? Technically, if I reapply this year, it'll be the third time for my instate schools, but second time for out of state schools, so i'm not sure how long I should hold out on my waitlists.

I'm adding myself to the list. 5 interviews, 2 waitlists, 1 hold, 1 pending decision ( 13 weeks, not a peep from the adcom), and one ? ( it has only been 2 weeks since the interview). Hopefully I'll hear something soon, it's really pathetic--- the high point of my day is getting the mail.

callalily said:
I'm adding myself to the list. 5 interviews, 2 waitlists, 1 hold, 1 pending decision ( 13 weeks, not a peep from the adcom), and one ? ( it has only been 2 weeks since the interview). Hopefully I'll hear something soon, it's really pathetic--- the high point of my day is getting the mail.
Where was that interview from 2 weeks ago? I interviewed at Einstein 4/20 and they told me they'd let me know some time in June.

It was at NYMC. They said that we should hear a response by july.

mikeyboy said:
How sad, I just started filling out my AMCAS again...picking schools and starting to think about what the hell I'll say in my PS. I don't want to see another $800 down the drain! I hope someone calls me before mid June or else I'll have to spend it...

Hey Mikeyboy, Hang in there. I am rooting for you. I posted the good luck thing today in the UCLA waitlist thread, a girl get pulled off from the waitlist after she read my post. Go Bears ! Good Luck to all you still waiting in pain.... I know how you guys feel, because I have been there.... just hang in there, you will see the light of the tunnel :luck: :luck:

How many of you guys have NYMC as one of your only waitlists?

hanahbanana said:
How many of you guys have NYMC as one of your only waitlists?

based on my recent phone call to columbia, it seems like NYMC is my only waitlist left i can have any hope for. so, add me to your list.

I finally got an acceptance at Albert Einstein. Yes....there's hope for us waitlisters! I will probably be withdrawing from Drexel's and Jefferson's waitlist tomorrow, so hopefully that'll help others.

Legend123 said:
Hey Mikeyboy, Hang in there. I am rooting for you. I posted the good luck thing today in the UCLA waitlist thread, a girl get pulled off from the waitlist after she read my post. Go Bears ! Good Luck to all you still waiting in pain.... I know how you guys feel, because I have been there.... just hang in there, you will see the light of the tunnel :luck: :luck:
Thanks for the support, I think I could use the luck!

BTW just wanted to say how much I hate getting these e-mails from schools that are just asking if I want to stay on the waitlist...I see something from one of the schools and it makes me think it might be good news! Just got an email from Einstein saying they'll let us know by the end of June, the subject was "Albert Einstein Col of Medicine". At least give a real subject!!!

</rant>

alright that's enough venting for today, good luck everyone! just finished my last final so all i have to do is sit around and wait.

angstrom55 said:
I finally got an acceptance at Albert Einstein. Yes....there's hope for us waitlisters! I will probably be withdrawing from Drexel's and Jefferson's waitlist tomorrow, so hopefully that'll help others.

yay congrats! and thanks for withdrawing from jeff's list ;)

Omaha MX80, did you get off the waitlist at Creighton?? If so, when did you hear?

Thanks!

I forgot about this thread. Well there is hope for us waitlisters. I was taken off a list on June 2nd. Good luck everybody! :D

i was accepted at my first school off a waitlist on june 11th. nymc. so crazy things do happen.

who's left here besides me? i started with 3 lists but it's now wittled down to only 1, nymc. i've done everything possible... sent in transcripts with better grades this year, sent in 2 new letters of rec, sent an LOI, and sent in updates about new volunteering and awards at graduation. that's all i can do, but i still feel uncertain if all that stuff is being looked at or not. i really wish the admissions director(s) could tell me something realistic about my chances at this point. it really sucks to be in the middle of summer and still be uncertain about what i'll be doing next year. even if they could just say, there's no chance at this time, it'd be better than saying 'we can't discuss the waitlist with applicants.' ughhhh. :mad:

I guess I'm still technically on 4 lists out of an intial 5, though I only have a realistic shot at 3 of them.

I know how you feel. It's the middle of the summer, and I can't really DO anything. I need to make plans for next year, but I can't commit to anything. If I had no chance at any of these schools, I would LOVE for them to tell me that.

MabdulD said:
I guess I'm still technically on 4 lists out of an intial 5, though I only have a realistic shot at 3 of them.

I know how you feel. It's the middle of the summer, and I can't really DO anything. I need to make plans for next year, but I can't commit to anything. If I had no chance at any of these schools, I would LOVE for them to tell me that.

MabdulD, I checked out your mdapplicants profile, and it straight scared the **** out of me that someone with your stats would not get acceptances at the schools you listed. You definitely deserve a spot somewhere! I hope you get it! :luck:

I'm pulling for you MabdulD. To have earned your awesome stats and not be holding an acceptance at this point is terrible. Think of it this way: all the pain and anxiety we're suffering through right now will make our first acceptances that much sweeter.

I disagree with you size_tens.... I think I will just be like "finally" .... the enthusiasm will not be there in the same measure.