Ontario Pharm Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WorriedOne

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an Ontario student, Grade 12

Will UoT Pharmacy program look at your grade 11 and 12 transcripts before you apply.

If they do:
Will IB aid you into getting into the program? -> How much will it help?
Do your first year university marks count more than grade 11+12? or Vice Versa

Furthermore, pharmacy is a hard program to get into. If I finish my 1st year of university, I apply for UoT Pharm but I do not make it into the program ... what happens, do I do another year and try again because that's a waste of tuition money.

Also, are there any other pharmacy schools in Ontario that only require one year of university other than UoT. Waterloo has too many pre-reqs.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm an Ontario student, Grade 12

1) Will UoT Pharmacy program look at your grade 11 and 12 transcripts before you apply.

2) If they do:
Will IB aid you into getting into the program? -> How much will it help?
Do your first year university marks count more than grade 11+12? or Vice Versa

3) Furthermore, pharmacy is a hard program to get into. If I finish my 1st year of university, I apply for UoT Pharm but I do not make it into the program ... what happens, do I do another year and try again because that's a waste of tuition money.

4) Also, are there any other pharmacy schools in Ontario that only require one year of university other than UoT. Waterloo has too many pre-reqs.

Thanks

1) Not at all. The only reason they will require you to submit your high school transcript is to see that you have completed Gr. 12 English (ENG4UO) which is one of the pre-reqs to the program.

2) No. Only your university performance is what counts.

3) Most people don't get in at their first try. Application fee is $300, so i guess the only way is just to keep applying every year if you don't want to apply anywhere else in ontario (which is really just waterloo that offers a pharmacy program). Waste of money? Well, if you can figure out how to improve if you fail the first time then not so much! :)

4) Nope. U of T's the only one. There are only two pharm schools in ontario: UofT and UW.

friendly reminder it's U of T. =P

hope that helps!

Thanks for the information.

So what do I do if I don't get in my first try :/ . Our family is tight on money ;x don't know how much tuition.

What's the usual path people have to go through in Pharmacy? (What they do before getting into pharmacy)

thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, I've researched my stuff. I know if you finish one year of university, it's enough to apply for pharmacy school. But what I'm asking is what do people do if they do NOT get accepted in the first year of uni and you dont have much tuition money.

you apply for osap and keep trying every year