Ooh, scary!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kaos

Web Crawler
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Give me some help...

As per advice from posters on the thread about rejections from UPitt, I decided I'm going to contact them about their outright rejection. But here's the question, should I e-mail or call them??

Respond ASAP!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, anybody know UPitt's admissions e-mail address? It's not on their website.

Sorry don't know their email.

As to whether u should call them or email, I think it depends on who u usually get to talk to when u call them. If you get to talk to the dean of admissions or someone with a say in your chances of admission, then it's better to call them. At least you can state your case right away if they give you bad news, and u might gain some insight into what they thought of your application. If you only get to talk to the receptionist, then email is probably better.

And of course, if you want instant answers, then phone is the way to go.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
So I should be like, hey, can I speak to the Dean of Admissions?

Here it is

[email protected]

Mind telling me your stats? I'm wondering what I'll hear from them.

Originally posted by Zoobaby
Here it is

[email protected]

Mind telling me your stats? I'm wondering what I'll hear from them.

I already tried this e-mail address, and it doesn't work.

I'm a 9V/10B/9/P, 3.53 GPA, tons of research, few extracurriculars, lots of volunteer work.

I don't know if you should ASK for the Dean of Admissions. Some schools let their admissions committee members answer phone calls regularly, some schools don't. Asking for the dean sounds pretty nervy... and they probably won't answer it if it's not important, or if they are not supposed to answer phone calls from applicants at this stage of the process.

But then again, if you get bad news, it couldn't hurt, right?

Originally posted by TTT
I don't know if you should ASK for the Dean of Admissions. Some schools let their admissions committee members answer phone calls regularly, some schools don't. Asking for the dean sounds pretty nervy... and they probably won't answer it if it's not important, or if they are not supposed to answer phone calls from applicants at this stage of the process.

But then again, if you get bad news, it couldn't hurt, right?

:laugh: Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. But I already sent the e-mail, so I guess I should wait for a response, or at least until tomorrow, before pursuing.

Thanks a lot!