Ooooo chem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jaba

S.mutans
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok...

So i've done the whole ochem I and II thing a few years ago and remember how many mechanisms this involved. I was just wondering if we need to know the detail mechanisms for everything ??

I see in Kaplan the initial and the final outcome.... do we need to know the steps inbetween? It has been way to long ago, and reviewing all of ochem I and II mechanisms would literally take way to much time.

Please help... I'm losing it. here.

Members don't see this ad.

Ok...

So i've done the whole ochem I and II thing a few years ago and remember how many mechanisms this involved. I was just wondering if we need to know the detail mechanisms for everything ??

I see in Kaplan the initial and the final outcome.... do we need to know the steps inbetween? It has been way to long ago, and reviewing all of ochem I and II mechanisms would literally take way to much time.

Please help... I'm losing it. here.

At least from my experience, I did not memorize all the mechanism. Also, there was no question that asked for inbetween step. BUT, i think it's better to know the mechanism to fully understand the process. Any other ideas?

At least from my experience, I did not memorize all the mechanism. Also, there was no question that asked for inbetween step. BUT, i think it's better to know the mechanism to fully understand the process. Any other ideas?

YEA all questions I have seen actually don't require it. Just, if we were to look at all mechanisms, there would be HUNDREDS of them. Sometimes it helps, but you know what.... on a test you 1. dont have time to write it all out and 2. you probably would need endless amounts of paper!!

so that makes me think only know some intermediates... but not how all arrows are being pushed around.

There is hope, I took my DAT on the 18th and didn't feel there was much about that. However, you have to know what type of reaction WOULD occur such as SN1, SN2, E1, E2. I used the videos from http://www.coursesaver.com to brush up on all my organic and general chemistry. For me it had been over a year since I had taken the classes and definatally needed the handholding I got there.

So I guess you know Chad!? lol He's a really good tutor!

Members don't see this ad :)