1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Ooooo chem

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by Jaba, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Jaba

Jaba S.mutans

Ok...

So i've done the whole ochem I and II thing a few years ago and remember how many mechanisms this involved. I was just wondering if we need to know the detail mechanisms for everything ??

I see in Kaplan the initial and the final outcome.... do we need to know the steps inbetween? It has been way to long ago, and reviewing all of ochem I and II mechanisms would literally take way to much time.

Please help... I'm losing it. here.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. shawny8351

Pre-Dental

At least from my experience, I did not memorize all the mechanism. Also, there was no question that asked for inbetween step. BUT, i think it's better to know the mechanism to fully understand the process. Any other ideas?

4. Jaba

Jaba S.mutans

YEA all questions I have seen actually don't require it. Just, if we were to look at all mechanisms, there would be HUNDREDS of them. Sometimes it helps, but you know what.... on a test you 1. dont have time to write it all out and 2. you probably would need endless amounts of paper!!

so that makes me think only know some intermediates... but not how all arrows are being pushed around.

5. PooyaH

Pre-Dental
    So I guess you know Chad!? lol He's a really good tutor!

6. Andrew324

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Where is the one Geared for the DAT?

link to that one?

7. lemoncurry

lemoncurry tequila mockingbird
    Administrator Dentist

Dentist
    moving to the DAT forum...