1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Oops, I just remembered Something

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by LP1CW, Apr 18, 2004.

1. LP1CW

LP1CW Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

hey, yesterday I was talking to my sister and I remebered that when I was a junior in high school, I took two classes at an art institute. It was college level. I never transfered the credits to my high school or to a college. I haven't thought about them. I got A's, a drawing class and a pottery class.

Back then, I thought I wanted to be an artist. So, I'm starting medical school this fall. Should I contact AMCAS? Should I contact the school that I'm going to attend? Should I forget about it? To me, it's not a big deal. It was unintentional, I never used the credits and they were for two unrelated classes. What's your thoughts.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. exmike

exmike NOR * CAL
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]

dont worry about it.

4. Obsidian

Obsidian Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I have a related question...Are the grades from the college level classes taken while in high school included in the undergraduate GPA that AMCAS reports to med schools?

5. SailCrazy

SailCrazy I gotta have more cowbell
    10+ Year Member

I believe so, if you do a search on AMCAS GPA you might find it. I know that I've read the answer here before...

6. Elizabeth1028

Elizabeth1028 busy busy bee
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I took a college course during the summer after my junior year in HS. I reported it to AMCAS, and it was included in my undergraduate GPA.

7. drlexygoat

drlexygoat Eat, Drink, and Be Merry
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    If I recall, there was a pulldown menu to indicate WHEN you took the courses, and high school was one of them. So, yes, you should report them if there's an option to on AMCAS.