LP1CW

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 30, 2003
Visit site
Status
hey, yesterday I was talking to my sister and I remebered that when I was a junior in high school, I took two classes at an art institute. It was college level. I never transfered the credits to my high school or to a college. I haven't thought about them. I got A's, a drawing class and a pottery class.

Back then, I thought I wanted to be an artist. So, I'm starting medical school this fall. Should I contact AMCAS? Should I contact the school that I'm going to attend? Should I forget about it? To me, it's not a big deal. It was unintentional, I never used the credits and they were for two unrelated classes. What's your thoughts.

exmike

NOR * CAL
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 19, 2003
Bay Area
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
LP1CW said:
hey, yesterday I was talking to my sister and I remebered that when I was a junior in high school, I took two classes at an art institute. It was college level. I never transfered the credits to my high school or to a college. I haven't thought about them. I got A's, a drawing class and a pottery class.

Back then, I thought I wanted to be an artist. So, I'm starting medical school this fall. Should I contact AMCAS? Should I contact the school that I'm going to attend? Should I forget about it? To me, it's not a big deal. It was unintentional, I never used the credits and they were for two unrelated classes. What's your thoughts.

dont worry about it.

Obsidian

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 30, 2004
Visit site
Status
I have a related question...Are the grades from the college level classes taken while in high school included in the undergraduate GPA that AMCAS reports to med schools?

About the Ads

SailCrazy

I gotta have more cowbell
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 26, 2004
Procrastination Island
Visit site
Status
Obsidian said:
I have a related question...Are the grades from the college level classes taken while in high school included in the undergraduate GPA that AMCAS reports to med schools?
I believe so, if you do a search on AMCAS GPA you might find it. I know that I've read the answer here before...

Elizabeth1028

busy busy bee
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2004
Baltimore, MD
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
Obsidian said:
I took a college course during the summer after my junior year in HS. I reported it to AMCAS, and it was included in my undergraduate GPA.

drlexygoat

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 26, 2003
under the boardwalk, down by the sea
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Obsidian said:
If I recall, there was a pulldown menu to indicate WHEN you took the courses, and high school was one of them. So, yes, you should report them if there's an option to on AMCAS.

About the Ads