Oops, I just remembered Something

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LP1CW

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey, yesterday I was talking to my sister and I remebered that when I was a junior in high school, I took two classes at an art institute. It was college level. I never transfered the credits to my high school or to a college. I haven't thought about them. I got A's, a drawing class and a pottery class.

Back then, I thought I wanted to be an artist. So, I'm starting medical school this fall. Should I contact AMCAS? Should I contact the school that I'm going to attend? Should I forget about it? To me, it's not a big deal. It was unintentional, I never used the credits and they were for two unrelated classes. What's your thoughts.

Members don't see this ad.

LP1CW said:
hey, yesterday I was talking to my sister and I remebered that when I was a junior in high school, I took two classes at an art institute. It was college level. I never transfered the credits to my high school or to a college. I haven't thought about them. I got A's, a drawing class and a pottery class.

Back then, I thought I wanted to be an artist. So, I'm starting medical school this fall. Should I contact AMCAS? Should I contact the school that I'm going to attend? Should I forget about it? To me, it's not a big deal. It was unintentional, I never used the credits and they were for two unrelated classes. What's your thoughts.

dont worry about it.

I have a related question...Are the grades from the college level classes taken while in high school included in the undergraduate GPA that AMCAS reports to med schools?

Members don't see this ad :)
Obsidian said:
I have a related question...Are the grades from the college level classes taken while in high school included in the undergraduate GPA that AMCAS reports to med schools?
I believe so, if you do a search on AMCAS GPA you might find it. I know that I've read the answer here before...

Obsidian said:

I took a college course during the summer after my junior year in HS. I reported it to AMCAS, and it was included in my undergraduate GPA.

Obsidian said:

If I recall, there was a pulldown menu to indicate WHEN you took the courses, and high school was one of them. So, yes, you should report them if there's an option to on AMCAS.