Oops.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

runitar

Reaction score
Sorry. Posted in the wrong place.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello,

I am a non-traditional URM student who just finished a double major in Computer Science and Biochemistry. I had a rough time due to some medical issues during my sophomore year and failed a lot of math courses. I was able to get all A's in the last 60 credits of my biochemistry degree but it only brought up my AMCAS sGPA to 3.05. I am definitely applying to DO schools as my AACOMAS sGPA is 3.84. However, I am worried that despite acing my BCP courses I will have a tough time getting interviews. I have over 250 undergraduate credits which makes boosting my GPA very difficult. Over the next year I plan to work to pay off my undergraduate debt, continue shadowing and gain clinical experience, as well as to study for and take the MCAT.

What advice do you have for me and do you think that I have a decent shot at getting into medical school (MD or DO program)?
Why is your AACOMAS sGPA significantly higher than the AMCAS one? They don't do grade replacement anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.