OOS at MUSC question!! - please help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

booswim542

Walkin' on Sunshine
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How many out of state students are typically accepted at the Medical University of South Carolina? (not University of South Carolina medical school)

Thanks, I'm having trouble finding the info and I lost my MSAR!

Members don't see this ad.

msar 2007-2008 says 8 of a class of 142 were oos 2005-2006 first year class...28 oos were interviewed out of 995 oos applicants. there is a link for acceptance data...let me see if i can find it for you.

i got the acceptance data for 2004 off of this site, but i don't remember where...i saved the pdf, though, and i looked up medical university of south carolina...

out of state applicants for 2004
608 applied, 34 were interviewed, 6 were accepted, 3 enrolled

if you'd like the pdf of this data for all schools, pm me and i'll email it to you...otherwise you can look all over sdn for it and i'm sure you'll find it.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks leahmaria! I actually realized I can see all of the in-state percentages on us news and world report's website.

again, thank you!

I was interested in MUSC as well and asked the advisor I used about it. She said that they had specifically mentioned that they are primarily looking for PhD/MD candidates for OOS students. Their numbers are very very bad for OOS. Which is a bummer, because I'd love to apply.