1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

OOS at MUSC question!! - please help!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by booswim542, Jul 16, 2006.

1. booswim542

booswim542 Walkin' on Sunshine
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    How many out of state students are typically accepted at the Medical University of South Carolina? (not University of South Carolina medical school)

Thanks, I'm having trouble finding the info and I lost my MSAR!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. leahmaria

leahmaria Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    msar 2007-2008 says 8 of a class of 142 were oos 2005-2006 first year class...28 oos were interviewed out of 995 oos applicants. there is a link for acceptance data...let me see if i can find it for you.

4. leahmaria

leahmaria Senior Member
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    i got the acceptance data for 2004 off of this site, but i don't remember where...i saved the pdf, though, and i looked up medical university of south carolina...

out of state applicants for 2004
    608 applied, 34 were interviewed, 6 were accepted, 3 enrolled

if you'd like the pdf of this data for all schools, pm me and i'll email it to you...otherwise you can look all over sdn for it and i'm sure you'll find it.

5. booswim542

booswim542 Walkin' on Sunshine
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    thanks leahmaria! I actually realized I can see all of the in-state percentages on us news and world report's website.

again, thank you!

6. notdeadyet

notdeadyet Still in California
    Moderator 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I was interested in MUSC as well and asked the advisor I used about it. She said that they had specifically mentioned that they are primarily looking for PhD/MD candidates for OOS students. Their numbers are very very bad for OOS. Which is a bummer, because I'd love to apply.