open house?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soyicecream

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does it help to get in if I go to their open house?
I am just wondering if I should go or not.

Members don't see this ad.

does it help to get in if I go to their open house?
I am just wondering if I should go or not.

I would say it's a good idea for the number of reasons. One of the most important ones being is that you can get a feel of the school and see if it's a right environment and fit for you. Another thing is that you learn some information that's not available anywhere else but may be crucial to your application process. I attended an application workshop for one of the schools I am applying to and learned some very helpful info.

I would say it's a good idea for the number of reasons. One of the most important ones being is that you can get a feel of the school and see if it's a right environment and fit for you. Another thing is that you learn some information that's not available anywhere else but may be crucial to your application process. I attended an application workshop for one of the schools I am applying to and learned some very helpful info.

+1

I visited my top choice over this past summer. By talking with the counselor and taking a self-guided tour, I was able to make my name known and show my interest in the program as well as personally able to see myself going there.

+1

I visited my top choice over this past summer. By talking with the counselor and taking a self-guided tour, I was able to make my name known and show my interest in the program as well as personally able to see myself going there.

That is a very good point too, making yourself known to the admissions office is definitely only going to benefit you. :)