open house?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

soyicecream

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does it help to get in if I go to their open house?
I am just wondering if I should go or not.
 
does it help to get in if I go to their open house?
I am just wondering if I should go or not.

I would say it's a good idea for the number of reasons. One of the most important ones being is that you can get a feel of the school and see if it's a right environment and fit for you. Another thing is that you learn some information that's not available anywhere else but may be crucial to your application process. I attended an application workshop for one of the schools I am applying to and learned some very helpful info.
 
I would say it's a good idea for the number of reasons. One of the most important ones being is that you can get a feel of the school and see if it's a right environment and fit for you. Another thing is that you learn some information that's not available anywhere else but may be crucial to your application process. I attended an application workshop for one of the schools I am applying to and learned some very helpful info.

+1

I visited my top choice over this past summer. By talking with the counselor and taking a self-guided tour, I was able to make my name known and show my interest in the program as well as personally able to see myself going there.
 
+1

I visited my top choice over this past summer. By talking with the counselor and taking a self-guided tour, I was able to make my name known and show my interest in the program as well as personally able to see myself going there.

That is a very good point too, making yourself known to the admissions office is definitely only going to benefit you. 🙂