Open positions for July 2005?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nanomed9999

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know programs with open PGY-2 positions beginning July, 2005?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Nanomed9999 said:
Does anyone know programs with open PGY-2 positions beginning July, 2005?

Thanks!

possibly sooner, I may be leaving my program for personal reasons...
I'll keep you posted

:( I know that wayne state university - RIM has two open spots for 2005 - i applied - but then i got word that the program director resigned because a new director of RIM was appointed who began to interefere with the program - :eek: - sounds like the program is going to be undergoing some changes. if i don't get in to an open spot i'll end up with a year off (i'm in the middle of my internship now) and i've applied to programs via ERAS for a 2006 start - don't know yet what to do during that year off - anyone have any ideas? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
You could...

-do research, especially if your residency has a research reqmt, you can get that out of the way

-get a masters degree in something MPH, MBA, etc..

-travel - do something totally unrelated to medicine

-teach for Kaplan - make $$

-take step 3, get licensed, see if you can moonlight anywhere - depends on what state you're in

ALSO, while you are interviewing for 2006, you can ask if there are any available positions for PGY2 starting in 2005. When I was interviewing, I met several residents who matched that way - I think one was at Columbia/Cornell, one at UPenn??

Medical College of Wisconsin's website/FRIEDA mentions an opening position for 2005. I've been accused of having a vested interest for mentioning this before. I don't, but I will be applying there this year. Dr. Dillingham the new PD is well respected and will turn this program into a good one. How long will that take? Who knows. Good luck in your search.

Thanks everyone!

I've applied through ERAS, so hopefully something will open up. Unfortunately, many of the programs I contacted do not hold spots (like they do in anesthesia or rad) for people switching specialties. So, a lot of the programs are filled for 2005.

I must say that things always have a way of working out....It'll be interesting to see how!

siednarb or anyone else: Do you have any more information, good or bad, on the Wayne State program? Any info on their stability with the new director? Their website is fairly generic and there aren't any reviews on Scutwork. Thanks.

ChimpChamp said:
possibly sooner, I may be leaving my program for personal reasons...
I'll keep you posted

Hi,

I am looking for a PGY 2 int. med. in Cali. for 2005. I am In good standing at my present program but have to move for family reasons.
Kindly let me know when u decide to leave.
Thanks
[email protected]
it is zubar_us