Operations Success

Started by as20gp
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

as20gp

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Everyone,
I interviewed at Downstate yesterday and my interviewer mentioned a program called "Operations Success" which seems like a program similar to that of Howard's PARP program...does any one know anything about it? Apparently it is through the Office of Minority Affairs but I cannot find it on their website and could only find it in one other thread on sdn. I'd love to know more!

Thanks,
a
 
Hey Everyone,
I interviewed at Downstate yesterday and my interviewer mentioned a program called "Operations Success" which seems like a program similar to that of Howard's PARP program...does any one know anything about it? Apparently it is through the Office of Minority Affairs but I cannot find it on their website and could only find it in one other thread on sdn. I'd love to know more!

Thanks,
a

I don't know Operations Success per se but if it is a pre-matriculation program like Howard's PARP, jump on it with gusto. Pre-matric programs give you a huge advantage with the adjustment to medical school. Making this adjustment is difficult, even for the best undergrads and grads, but pre-matric programs give you study strategies and excellent coaching which can lead to a high degree of success in the regular term.

While P = MD, performance at a high level in medical school means that YOU control your fate when residency time rolls around. This is the best of all worlds. Pre-matric programs coupled with some steady and disciplined work on your part can place you at the top of the class (and AOA) which is a wonderful position to find yourself in. In short, attend if you are offered this opportunity and it is feasible for you.