operative case data?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

walle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, does anyone know of a way to find a breakdown of operative case data by institution? Any help would be seriously appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

hey guys, does anyone know of a way to find a breakdown of operative case data by institution? Any help would be seriously appreciated!

Are you applying for a residency position now?

This data is usually given out during the interview/reception.

I am applying for gen surg program residencies this year and am in the process of making final list decisions and would like to be able to consult actual data. Also some programs didn't have all their numbers posted. Trying to find a source online that would help. If anyone has a suggestion, that would be great.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not aware of any online sources - I think the only place the individual programs submit their data to is the ACGME/RRC, but I could be wrong.

thanks for the help.

Yeah, there's no centralized source.

I think you'll find every program more than exceeds the ABS minimums by far. Seriously I think there's little reason to know...it won't make a hill of beans difference if the average Chiefs at program A does 1200 cases and the average at program B is 950.