Ophthalmologist needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrC

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an outstanding opportunity for a kind, patient-centric general ophthalmologist who is proficient in clear cornea, topical CE/IOL and who is experienced in (or is willing to learn) refractive surgery. Excellent southeast location. After reading some posts regarding the pitfalls of joining a group practice, I can say with total confidence that this is NOT one of those practice "opportunities".

I've come close with a couple of candidates and I'm now about to engage the services of a headhunter.

I'm interested in exploring various avenues for candidates, which caused me to post on this list.

Anyone who is interested or knows an interested doc please email me.

[email protected]

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I don't need a job, but this strongly reminds me of posted job opportunities in ophthalmology. Why is it that you NEVER tell us WHERE the job is located? Somewhere in the southeast? That could conceivably cover 10 states, let alone how many cities. What's up with that! I usually had to go through recruiters just to get people to tell me what CITY the job was listed in. It made it very hard for candidates to search out job opportunities for themselves. If you don't want to hire a recruiter, put some more info in. What patient volume to expect, how many cataract cases to expect, any satellite branches, surgery in a hospital or ASC, basically, what we want to know. Also, ballpark a salary. Jeez... I'm glad I have a job.

Career opportunities on AAO's website was the same. You could screen by state, but not by city! Also, some wouldn't even list the city and you would have to infer by the zipcode, area code or just bite the bullet and call or email people. What a waste of time just to find out what city the job was in!

I suppose if you put in completeicare.com you can get some information.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. I think the idea here is to get a response and then forward the specific information to any interested party. In the interest of time, less detail is included in the initial post. Those who are interested can send a quick email, or a visit to a website. Personally, I don't consider it to be obscenely laborious to send a quick email requesting more information, but you can't please everyone.

Anyone who IS interested will receive a prompt response outlining the details and location of the practice, which, in this case, is in Valdosta, Georgia.

Why do some practices avoid listing the name of the city/town? In some cases it is because potential job candidates might make certain assumptions about a particular location and decide to overlook an opportunity that might otherwise work out well for both parties. I'm sure there are other reasons.

Oooh! I know of someone who really wants to be in Valdosta, GA!! I wouldn't have thought of her had you not been specific in mentioning Valdosta. I'll email her with your info in case her plans are still open. :)