Ophthalmology Interview Invitations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msueye

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious what the usual time-line is for receiving interview invitations for Ophtho, it's now the middle of October and I haven't heard from >2/3 of the places I applied. Should I assume that I won't be hearing from any of those places? Is it usual to hear from programs as late as November?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry. Interviews don't really start rolling in until after the third week. I'm in the same boat as well - a handful of interviews so far but more than >2/3rds haven't even sent a confirmation yet. Also keep in mind that interviews are rolling. I know of a couple of ophtho residents who've told me that they got interviews as late as dec. Good luck!

from what i've gathered a large # of schools havent sent invites out yet...i've been readin this forum pretty consistently to see which school i applied to have given out interviews (to see if i missed out on some)...and i would say of the 51 i applied to...i've either been rejected from, given an interview at, or seen others given interviews at only about 16 or 17 of them...

so maybe we're in the same boat on this one

good luck to you

Members don't see this ad :)
I second the above opinions. Once in a while I get nervous as well. I guess at this point we just have to wait a bit longer.
Be positive guys !!!

from what i've gathered a large # of schools havent sent invites out yet...i've been readin this forum pretty consistently to see which school i applied to have given out interviews (to see if i missed out on some)...and i would say of the 51 i applied to...i've either been rejected from, given an interview at, or seen others given interviews at only about 16 or 17 of them...

so maybe we're in the same boat on this one

good luck to you

Abso-bloody-lutely. Have to be even more patient I guess. Good luck to all...