ophthalmology resident program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asyl

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how ican garantee obtaining aresidency program of ophthalmology,and i have 1part of the royal colleg of england,so is that will help me in matching ophthalmology program,or i have to get the required score even im already ophthalmologist in my country,so may if i dont match with this program ill match any other speciality,plz answer me to get my worry down

also i hear that forgien doctors not allowed for them to get surgery specialties as ophthalmology is that true?

Members don't see this ad.

There's no easy way for foreign medical grads. I have known several who have completed post-doc after post-doc only to end up being rejected after several application cycles. It seems that most US programs are not interested in training non-US trained ophthalmologists or foreign medical graduates.

The individuals who do gain acceptance are outstanding and almost God-like. Remember that out of 450 new residents per year, less than 30 are foreign medical graduates.