Opinion: Heartland Dental School Will Be A SUPERIOR School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RaveDamsey

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's a controversial opinion. What if Heartland's dental school will become the best and most sought after dental school to attend? Let's explore this. Heartland has a vested interest in teaching students how to become dentists with hopes that these dentists will work for Heartland. While most dental school's would prefer to pacify students with prophys and other nonsense, and prevent you from doing too many complex crown/bridge, implants, surgery, heartland wants these students to be able to PRODUCE high end dentistry for their practices. You want to do a 5 unit bridge? No problem! What if this school is actually "good" for this profession? What if this will put pressure on other schools to do better and increase their standards. Heartland will have plenty of dentists on their payroll so grabbing faculty from a local practice to fill in would be no problem. I am completely against the idea of corporate dentistry, but the side effects of this school could prove interesting.

Members don't see this ad.

Each implant the student places should count as .25 implants so that students get used to the idea of making 25% of collections at Heartland.

• Haha
Reactions: 17 users
even if this were theoretically true, there is no dental school that would make 500k+ in debt worth it imo

1707882794116.png

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Here's a controversial opinion. What if Heartland's dental school will become the best and most sought after dental school to attend? Let's explore this. Heartland has a vested interest in teaching students how to become dentists with hopes that these dentists will work for Heartland. While most dental school's would prefer to pacify students with prophys and other nonsense, and prevent you from doing too many complex crown/bridge, implants, surgery, heartland wants these students to be able to PRODUCE high end dentistry for their practices. You want to do a 5 unit bridge? No problem! What if this school is actually "good" for this profession? What if this will put pressure on other schools to do better and increase their standards. Heartland will have plenty of dentists on their payroll so grabbing faculty from a local practice to fill in would be no problem. I am completely against the idea of corporate dentistry, but the side effects of this school could prove interesting.

They wanna just make money and then increase the number of people working/applying to heartland so they can further cut that 25% to 15%. Watch.

Reactions: 4 users
The best dental school is the cheapest one. If you think anything is different between the cheap and expensive schools then you have been suckered in by marketing.

Heartland is making a smart business move by charging high tuition. Their students will be in so much debt they won't be able to buy their own practice and will be forced to spend their career working coporate.

If you choose this school over a cheaper one and try to "justify" it by what procedures you may or may not do, you deserve to be 500k in debt to be a general dentist

Reactions: 4 users
If the purpose of going to dental school is to PRODUCE high end but the work itself is shoddy - by all means.

All this procedures you mentioned in the dental School I attended its pretty much standard. I don't know how other dental schools in the U.S. works and their requirements but the one I attended we have a very large pool of patients and we graduate dental school having done a couple of complex cases.

High Point University. Workman school of dentistry. Sponsored/ big donation from Rick Rokman. Founder of heartland dental.

What?! this guy shouldn’t have any rights and privileges having a role in starting a dental school.

keep these leeches away from the dental profession.

Reactions: 1 user
Heartland came through when I was in school. They gave out pizza cutters labeled "HEARTLAND DENTAL" as part of their schwag bag. I used monomer to erase parts so it spelled "FARTLAND DENTAL". Still chuckle when I find it in the drawer.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Heartland dental had a dinner for D4s to try to hire us before graduating. They didn't update the slides that said 32% collections, but verbally said 25% lmao. We were also served crackers and cheese for dinner only; almost 3 hours of being sold on the merits of working for the company and we had to go out to eat afterwards 😂

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Heartland dental had a dinner for D4s to try to hire us before graduating. They didn't update the slides that said 32% collections, but verbally said 25% lmao. We were also served crackers and cheese for dinner only; almost 3 hours of being sold on the merits of working for the company and we had to go out to eat afterwards 😂
We’re not supposed to be tooth mechanics treated like factory workers. We should be treated with much more dignity than that. Reject that firmly.

Wow… just wow