Opinion on 3 year accelerated OD program (salus PCO)

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Should I choose:

• SUNY

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Salus 3 year

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters

happigirl12321

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you can do it in three while being happy, go for it. If you can't do it being happy don't do it. It won't affect your job prospects at all, just solely when you can start being licensed to practice

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in a similar situation. Recently accepted into the scholars program but I also have been accepted into other traditional programs with one in particular offering me a great scholarship. From a financial standpoint the scholars program and SALUS in general has a higher tuition but you get that 4th year to start working and making a salary. I was originally deducting a potential 4th year salary amount from the cost of attending the scholars program, but the truth is that in the 5th year of a traditional program you would be making a salary anyway. So it really comes down to how much you value a year of your life and if you would rather spend 3 years in a tougher program to get out a year early or 4 years in a traditional program maybe not killing yourself 24/7 but start working a year later. Of course there are plenty of other factors to consider that are school specific. I have to say that I really like SALUS campus and the fact that all of the construction they are undergoing will be complete by the time we get there with nice new lab and library.