Quantcast

Opinion -- Should I send in the PCOM Secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theDr.

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
May 23, 2002
Messages
637
Reaction score
0

Members don't see this ad.
i just got it today and it says at the end "you should know our class is almost complete and only plan to schedule interviews through the end of march."

Should I even bother?
 

DunkinDOnut

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2003
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
If you have really good stats or ir you are a PA resident then go for it. I have average stats and I haven't heard a word from them since I completed the secondary in October.
 

theDr.

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
May 23, 2002
Messages
637
Reaction score
0
3.9, 25 mcat...not a PA resident. should I just hold off and apply in the spring as a 1st time applicationt. Well, if you don't send in the secondary, are you a re-applicant? What were your stats?
 

raptor5

Fooled by Randomness
15+ Year Member
Joined
May 28, 2003
Messages
1,070
Reaction score
37
You have a strong GPA. If you can show a true interest in the Osteopathy and have some DO letters and medical exposure it is worth a shot.

The problem is that PCOM sends 2? to everyone so you can't be sure if they are interested in you or your money. But if everyone decides it is too late and does not send theirs in you are in a prime spot. As long as there are still spots open when they receive your 2? you may stand a chance for an interview. Send the admissions office an email and express your concerns.

I wish you the best of luck.

Raptor5
PCOM Class of 2008
 

theDr.

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
May 23, 2002
Messages
637
Reaction score
0
I don't mind not getting an interview....i just don't want to look bad as a re-applicant when I know my application is good..but just really late.
 

DunkinDOnut

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2003
Messages
51
Reaction score
0
As far as the reapp. thing goes, that depends on what you are doing to improve your application. If you finish the process now and don't hear anything and then send the exact same application to them in june, then you are not going to get the reapplicant benefit. But who knows, you may get in now. That's a great g.p.a. but the mcat score doesn't stand out. If you have extensive clinical experience and a moving personal statement, then go for it. I don't know. I've come to fully believe the process is a big crapshoot.
If it were me I would send it in. However, I am a sucker for hope. That being said, my precautionary statement is to not get your hopes up.

Good luck. Keep me posted.
 

amoxicillin

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2003
Messages
212
Reaction score
0
thats why im worried...i just graduating and Im working at the tumor registry of my local hospital for now...so it snot like im at college where there is always stuff to do..and looking to retake the mcat.
 

amoxicillin

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2003
Messages
212
Reaction score
0
what are you stats? by the way...if you don't mind...thanks
 

DORoe

BWAAA HAAA HAAA
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
893
Reaction score
0
Just send the application. You already paid the $ through the AACOMAS you might as well pony up the rest and see what happens. If you don't get in your out what $100? Apply next year and do it earlier! If you get in you will save yourself a year and some more $. All i can see is an upside to this.
 

theDr.

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
May 23, 2002
Messages
637
Reaction score
0
I sent it in today...overnight...so it will be there tomorrow...fingers crossed.
 

DORoe

BWAAA HAAA HAAA
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
893
Reaction score
0
well i really hope that you will get an invite for an interview. You seem like you are really stressing out.
 
Top