Opinion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

USArmyDoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
To all of you MCATer's out there that have been studying like crazy, how did you guys find the EK 1001 Physics book? I am just beginning it and it seems pretty good so far. It seems to help you with the calculations as well as conceptual questions.

Members don't see this ad.

USArmyDoc said:
To all of you MCATer's out there that have been studying like crazy, how did you guys find the EK 1001 Physics book? I am just beginning it and it seems pretty good so far. It seems to help you with the calculations as well as conceptual questions.

It is like getting my ass kicked every night for the last 10 weeks, somthing I look forward to! :eek: But it has been useful in pounding in concepts and formulas and strategies! Albeit I hope these types of problems never show up on the real deal!

HAHA, yea that is what it seems like. So far, I am only up to the easy stuff. However, with all the practice it must be a HUGE help in strategy, concepts, and fromula (just like you said). I would think that would help big time on the real deal.

i like it a lot-- i was struggling with physics, but since i've been using that book for my physics weaknesses, my aamc phys science percentile has shot up ~20%. good stuff i tell ya, good stuff :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I still have about 800 Questions left to do. I haven't touched this book in months and I wasn't planning on using it now. I'm getting about 10-12 in PS right now. Do you think it'd be worth it to do some of these with a week left? Some of the questions were pretty hard from what I remember. But I did like the conceptual stuff they tested.

Awesome, this is what I want to here. The physical section is my worst section, especially physics. I did all the EK 1001 books so far minus the phsyics one. I am doing it this week. I am aiming for 150-200 problems a day. I think I will be able to finish it. Anyway, thanks. :)