Opinions from Students Attending USA?

Started by Emily722
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Emily722

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I see a lot of threads about people getting into St. Augustine and the process but what about afterwards?? Asides from the debt so much about the school seems too good to be true. I guess I just don't buy it yet, and it is a school I'll most likely apply to when the time comes but I'm terrified I'll go there spend all that money and have a bad experience.

So if anyone could share their experience that are actually in the program that would be awesome.


Thank you
 
I have a friend who is in her second year there. She thinks it's a great school and has no complaints about it beyond the cost. It's also a shorter program than other pt schools.

How do you think "it's too good to be true?" You're paying roughly $90,000 for tuition alone, and that's not even counting the cost of living for almost three years. You might as well say you're going to come out of that program with $150k in debt. For a career that will get you between $60k-$70k a year, it's far from too good to be true. You're not going to be any better prepared there than you will from any other school.
 
I have a friend who is in her second year there. She thinks it's a great school and has no complaints about it beyond the cost. It's also a shorter program than other pt schools.

How do you think "it's too good to be true?" You're paying roughly $90,000 for tuition alone, and that's not even counting the cost of living for almost three years. You might as well say you're going to come out of that program with $150k in debt. For a career that will get you between $60k-$70k a year, it's far from too good to be true. You're not going to be any better prepared there than you will from any other school.

That's why I said aside from the debt. So far all I have heard is that it's a great program, shorter than most, and higher acceptance rate because they accept applicants three times a year. Which to me sounds great and then I look at the debt I would be in. So basically yes I agree with where you are coming from.


OP - make sure you read this thread, if you have not already done so, when you consider the cost of DPT school:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=931151

Thank you, very helpful!