Opinions needed: Argosy vs taking a year off

Started by EJG941SRQ
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

EJG941SRQ

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a 21-year-old psychology major who will graduate this May. I have applied to about 8 programs, some locally and some out of state and was only called for interview from 2 schools, one being Argosy and the other being a public university I desperately wished to attend. Unfortunately, I found out earlier this week that I was not chosen for the cohort for the public university.

A professional, who's opinion I value, has told me I should go to Argosy because it is unlikely I can achieve anything within the next 8-10 months which would greatly amp up my chances of being accepted to other programs next year. He says if I turn them down this year, I will likely not be accepted by them next year if I need them as a last resort.

So my question, fellow SDN members, is in regards to your opinions on the matter. But with this, understand my credentials: I will receive my Bachelor's in May, with a GPA at 3.7 and a GRE score just under 1200 🙁 I have about a years experience as a research assistant, a years experience doing crisis intervention for the local suicide hotline, and am currently a volunteer for a group home with 14 residents with severe, chronic mental illness which is affiliated with our local mental health facility. I am most interested in attending a university based PsyD program.

If anyone has any recommendations, suggestions, insight, or personal experience, I would greatly value it as I currently feel pretty lost.
 
I know you respect this "professional" but he or she sounds like a complete jerk and that is bad advice. Your credentials are not too shabby and a year is plenty of time to get additional research and retake the GRE. To basically advise you to attend a subpar diploma mill out of fear was very irresponsible of this "professional.". Take the year off and then prove em wrong. 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Multiple thread exist that discuss Argosy's poor reputation. Use search. I will get you started.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=415625
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=784825

Yes, I'm not trying to have a discussion regarding Argosy and it's reputation. I already know all about this and have read through much of these.

What I am trying to get opinions on is pretty much whether a second-time application process is worth the time and effort. I am unsure if second-time applicants get the same level of review as first-time applicants (if I apply to some of the same schools).

You see, I personally think I should take the year off and apply again but I am being pressured by others around me who think I will have the same result as this year - that 8-10 months of volunteer experience will not make me more attractive to other programs and that I should just take the opportunity at hand.
 
That is your choice, but of course, no one is going to actually advocate going to a relatively poor quality program that will put you 150k in debt (when you will be making 60-70k after licensure). Multiple application rounds are not too uncommon for applicants. That just how competitive clinical psych ph.d. (and some university based Psy.D) programs are.

Most of us would chose a different degree, or different career altogther, rather than attend a questionable program that has the potential to provide so many hurdles, delays, and road blocks to becoming a well trained mental health professional with a quality position.
 
Last edited:
What I am trying to get opinions on is pretty much whether a second-time application process is worth the time and effort. I am unsure if second-time applicants get the same level of review as first-time applicants (if I apply to some of the same schools).

It is common for students to apply multiple years. Some will not be competitive no matter how many times they apply, while others just need to tweak their application to land a spot. Honestly, many capable applicants get rejected every year from programs, there was just someone just a little bit better.

I'm with JS on this one.
 
these threads crack me up; dont you guys know when you're being trolled?
 
What I am trying to get opinions on is pretty much whether a second-time application process is worth the time and effort. I am unsure if second-time applicants get the same level of review as first-time applicants (if I apply to some of the same schools).


Honestly, PhD programs get hundreds of applications each year. If you didn't interview at these schools, chances are they are not going to remember that you already applied. As for the public university where you did interview, maybe you were on the bubble and will make it in with just a little more experience.

As others have said, many good applicants take more than one round before they are accepted. I didn't make it into any programs my first round either.

And, as even more others have said, F Argosy.
 
I am a 21-year-old psychology major who will graduate this May. I have applied to about 8 programs, some locally and some out of state ...

How close of a fit were these programs/POI's?

I second (third...forth...?) what others have said: take a year off, focus on the research aspect and work towards presentations/pubs.

Better a year improving your skills than attending a program that may not net you the results that you want in the end.

but I am being pressured by others around me who think I will have the same result as this year
It's easy for me to say because I'm old and grumpy...but don't let anyone pressure you into making a decision that isn't right for you. Unless, of course, they are forking over the cash to support you and pay your tuition for the next few years...

Best,
AB🙂
 
True.

I never said it was a good tier 1 research university 🙂

I included that, not to sound snooty, which it probably did, but to make sure this conflicted soul is able to compare "professional" opinion.

I'd gladly take an appointment within your system because that means I'd get better weather, even if the research dollars aren't quite as awesome. :laugh:

Okay...back to the topic at hand.

No. Go find a research gig and re-apply in a year or two. Many people are older than 23 when they apply.
 
I also vote for waiting a year. You might consider also applying to Master's programs next year as back-ups. Personally, (if direct admission into a university-based PhD program was not possible) I would rather complete a Master's and then move into a university-based PhD program than go to Argosy.
 
F argosy.

Don't care if JS was being facetious here or not. Also don't care if the OP is a troll. For those of you who choose Argosy please know that you do so in the face of almost every objective criteria that can be used to assess the quality of a program (i.e., substandard entrance requirements, acceptance rates, assistantship funding, internship match rates, research productivity, student debt, license exam scores, etc. etc.).

Subjectively, the programs are regarded poorly by most people I know and even the very name of the school can be somewhat embarrassing to the people who have attended. It's a small thing but I still feel proud when asked where I went to school and display my diploma.

I used to think these programs were irrelevant to me. Now I tend to see them as a significant threat to the profession as a whole.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
these threads crack me up; dont you guys know when you're being trolled?

I am not quite sure what is being implied with the troll references but I can honestly tell you that this is a real predicament that I am dealing with. I have been sifting through SDN since last fall when I was introduced to it since it gave me some great insight into the application process. I only joined last month because it was the first time I needed to post something.

I came to SDN and posted here because I value the opinions of the professionals and students and I was sick and tired of only hearing the input of the somewhat biased family, friends, schoolmates, and professionals who know me too well to give an objective opinion. With this being said, SDN has been a very valuable resource for me and I appreciate everyone's input. I look forward to using it in my professional years to come (lol when it comes, eventually!)

As far as everyone's responses go, I am glad that everyone is encouraging me to take a year off. This is what I would have chosen for myself as well. I just needed to hear it since many others are pushing me in the opposite direction, telling me I might be making a bad decision turning down the only school which accepted me.

Thank you SDN members who took the time to gave me their opinions. I greatly appreciate it.
 
Last edited:
Were you saying in your message that the psych you spoke with highly doubted Argosy would take you next year if you re-applied? I am not an expert on the professional schools, but it seems that their profit motive trumps any other considerations in their decision-making - I think you would be safe re-applying to university programs next year & to Argosy as a back-up.

He says if I turn them down this year, I will likely not be accepted by them next year if I need them as a last resort.
 
It makes little fiscal sense to attend Argosy even ignoring the reputation. No matter how its calculated, I don't see the lost wages making up for the monster debt - even if you take 2 years off instead of one, and are very successful as a psychologist and do quite well for yourself (ironically...probably less likely to happen if you attend Argosy).

Frankly, Argosy isn't selective enough for you to worry about whether they will accept you again...I doubt that would be a problem and they have many different campuses you could attend that likely don't communicate with each other much. That said, you seem to have decent credentials - I would just work on building them up further and try again. Frankly, there are just much better options. People outside the field may view "grad school as grad school" but the folks who are doing the hiring will know the difference. Its no secret that if you ask most folks in the field what institutions are rounding out the bottom of the bell curve that Argosy will likely be the first one that comes to mind. Which doesn't mean you can't be successful as a graduate, but does mean you are fighting an uphill battle from the get-go. Coupled with the mountain of debt, what are the good reasons to go there?
 
Seeing as you've gotten advice from some of the people I respect most in this forum, I'm kind of shocked that they've left out the most important thing. Probably b/c its so basic, its easy to overlook.

Maybe with med school or law school, you apply to a PROGRAM (University of this or that, Yale, etc). In clinical psychology, you apply to a PERSON. Yes, they are at a particular university...but its the person or group of profs that you can see yourself working with over the next 5 years that matters, not the school.

I dont like the concept of Argosy, not many people do, but who is your person? Are they well connected in the field? Do they have their students go on to match for internship (cluster F as it is) and post doc at places that appeal to you? Could you work well and have beers with this person for the next 5 years? These are the questions you need to ask, in my opinion. Name of program should not be a consideration...its the PERSON.

There are Argosy people at Dartmouth and Emory, among other good spots (saw this while reviewing my prospective internship sites). Probably not the norm, but there they were even in my "reach" sites. Obviously its not due to the programs reputation...its the people they worked under.If you dont have a person to hang your hat on, then sit it out and re-apply until you can be happy with your decision.
 
Last edited:
I'm not sure you actually do apply to a Person with Argosy or, for that matter, a number of the Psyd programs. My program, for example, (definitely NOT Argosy) admits students to the entire school, not a lab. POIs are therefore less important than in a traditional research PhD program.
 
If you want to try applying again next year you should. You can significantly improve your chances in that time. For example, I applied in the fall of my senior year to 14 schools and didn't get a single interview. I had about 1 semester of research experience, a GRE score of around 1300, a GPA of 3.4 (4.0 psych) and some time volunteering for a local crisis line. So I spent the next year getting more research experience at a more prestigious university near by (just volunteering), doing an honors thesis the last semester of school, and continued volunteering at the crisis line. I improved my SOP and reapplied this year to 9 schools, paid closer attention to "fit", and got 4 interviews and 1 offer so far, to one of my top schools.

So yes, you can significantly improve your chances over the next year. If your preference is to try and do this don't let anyone talk you out of it. Follow your instincts.
 
I am a 21-year-old psychology major who will graduate this May. I have applied to about 8 programs, some locally and some out of state and was only called for interview from 2 schools, one being Argosy and the other being a public university I desperately wished to attend. Unfortunately, I found out earlier this week that I was not chosen for the cohort for the public university.

A professional, who's opinion I value, has told me I should go to Argosy because it is unlikely I can achieve anything within the next 8-10 months which would greatly amp up my chances of being accepted to other programs next year. He says if I turn them down this year, I will likely not be accepted by them next year if I need them as a last resort.

So my question, fellow SDN members, is in regards to your opinions on the matter. But with this, understand my credentials: I will receive my Bachelor's in May, with a GPA at 3.7 and a GRE score just under 1200 🙁 I have about a years experience as a research assistant, a years experience doing crisis intervention for the local suicide hotline, and am currently a volunteer for a group home with 14 residents with severe, chronic mental illness which is affiliated with our local mental health facility. I am most interested in attending a university based PsyD program.

If anyone has any recommendations, suggestions, insight, or personal experience, I would greatly value it as I currently feel pretty lost.

Like the other posters, I think you could definitely build up your credentials to become a more competitive applicant in the future. A lot people apply more than once before getting in. It is no knock against you, but rather, is indicative of how competitive the field has become.

There are many different routes to becoming a more competitive candidate. All will take some time and good deal of effort on your part. You need to consider each wisely and weigh them against attending Argosy. I would encourage you to seriously research the program by reading the threads here, looking at the APA data on the program, and seeking input from other professors and professionals you have relationships with. You do not have to make a decision immediately. You have time.

I think most would agree that following three routes are the most likely to improve your chances (in no particular order) if you decide to wait and reapply: 1) a stepping stone MA/MS program, 2) a paid RA position, or 3) paid job in a clinical setting. Consider each carefully.

In my interactions with others students, I have noticed that a paid RA gig is solid route. However, it would be best if it were relevant to clinical psychology in some way. Working in a lab that researches memory processes, for example, is not as relevant to clinical psychology when compared to labs that conduct treatment outcome research or those that are dedicated to researching a specific form of psychopathology (e.g., anxiety disorders). This is only an opinion. I am sure others will feel differently on the subject. I just think aligning oneself with future ambitions makes logical sense for a number of reasons.

Most doctoral students I know did this before entering a PhD or PsyD program. Subjectively, I think it shows commitment to the field, an interest in psychological science, and allows you the opportunity to do poster presentations or coauthor papers. The latter two are markers of scholarship, productivity, and ambition.

In the interests of full disclosure, I am saying this after having gone the MA/MS route. While getting my degree, I was able to get research experience, show evidence of graduate level of scholarship, take courses in new areas, get exposure to clinical work, and learn more about academia more generally. In the end, the time and experience helped me pin down my career goals and figure out what I wanted from a doctoral program moving forward. I think the life experiences that came with all of that work help me grow as a person as well. Despite all of these strengths, it took way longer to do than I anticipated and may prove to be an unnecessary financial burden. It worked though.

That is my .02. Hope it is helpful.
 
http://www.asppb.net/files/public/ASPPBPsychExamScores3-19-10.pdf

Average EPPP pass rate of all Accredited Doc programs 76.60%
Argosy Atlanta EPPP pass rate 82.70%

Maybe they just accept "more" of more qualified people.

I don't buy it.

There's a lot more that goes into a good institution. Yes, EPPP pass rates are part of the equation, but there is much more (internship match rates, university resources, research opportunities, assistantship opportunities, size of cohort, practicum opportunities...) I just cannot believe that paying $150,000 to go to a for-profit institution would be worth it. And this is not a PhD versus PsyD debate, because I actually will be starting my PsyD in the fall. I rest easy knowing that because it is housed in a University setting, I will many resources available to me (as well as a much cheaper tuition!), chances to make some $, and to work in research labs.
 
...oh, and not to mention more individual attention, since I will not be part of a huge cohort. I don't think anybody should be defending these for-profit degree mills, because quite frankly, they will make it more difficult for people like myself to match for internship in a few years.
 
...oh, and not to mention more individual attention, since I will not be part of a huge cohort. I don't think anybody should be defending these for-profit degree mills, because quite frankly, they will make it more difficult for people like myself to match for internship in a few years.
So I guess Nova is bad also:
From the APA Guide
Clinical Psychology
Applications 2009-2010 264 Total applicants accepted 2009-2010 141 New applicants enrolled 2009-2010 86 full-time, 0 part-time
 
Interesting...hadn't seen that document before.

Question though, is what the average would be without the professional schools included. I just glanced through it, but the pass rate was > 90% for every single institution I had applied to, with the majority being 100%. Depending on how the grand mean is calculated (by school or by individual), we could again be seeing an effect of the overall mean being driven by a select number of institutions with a large number of students and a low pass rate.

Generally though, Argosy-Atlanta is a bit higher than I would expect of something affiliated with the Argosy name. Many of their other campuses were much, much lower.
 
So I guess Nova is bad also:
From the APA Guide
Clinical Psychology
Applications 2009-2010 264 Total applicants accepted 2009-2010 141 New applicants enrolled 2009-2010 86 full-time, 0 part-time

As I previously stated, a lot of factors go into determining the quality of a program, so I am not sure if I would say that Nova is "bad." But, a smaller cohort is a personal preference. I actually was going to apply to Nova, until I saw that piece of information.
 
I'd gladly take an appointment within your system because that means I'd get better weather, even if the research dollars aren't quite as awesome. :laugh:

Okay...back to the topic at hand.

No. Go find a research gig and re-apply in a year or two. Many people are older than 23 when they apply.

Man wish I had joined in on this a bit back... well MY GPP affiliated research institute GIVES all your institutes their money!!!! 😛

Sorry had to say that... yeah I played the NIMH card
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't agree. Working in a lab about human behavior which includes memoryor some aspect of emotion is relevant to clinical psychology. Working in a lab testing the genetics of bone length, maybe not so much.

ahem evidence to the contrary...
 
hello everyone- i've been reading through this thread and thought it might be a good place to post a similar question: I was recently accepted into MSPP (which i understand is a for-profit professional school...however good reputation..), and I am considering completing a masters instead...however my advisor cautioned me that if I reject MSPP's offer and then re-apply (as a safety) after my masters, that "I will likely not be accepted by them next year if I need them as a last resort." (quote from EJG941SRQ)- it was comforting to read this thread on Argosy...however, is MSPP different?? should I heed my advisor's advice?
 
hello everyone- i've been reading through this thread and thought it might be a good place to post a similar question: I was recently accepted into MSPP (which i understand is a for-profit professional school...however good reputation..), and I am considering completing a masters instead...however my advisor cautioned me that if I reject MSPP's offer and then re-apply (as a safety) after my masters, that "I will likely not be accepted by them next year if I need them as a last resort." (quote from EJG941SRQ)- it was comforting to read this thread on Argosy...however, is MSPP different?? should I heed my advisor's advice?

Again, this is bad advice. Your degree sets the platform for the rest of your career. It is not a decision to be taken lightly or made in fear. Also, I highly doubt most professional schools will even remember candidates from 2 years prior. Even if they did remember that you did not take their intitial offer and rejected you because they still felt slighted, then is that really a place you'd like to attend? 😱

That said, I also do not agree with the "last resort" method in the first place. You should only apply to programs that you would like to attend; can be proud of; and will adequately prepare you for the career you want.
 
Again, this is bad advice. Your degree sets the platform for the rest of your career. It is not a decision to be taken lightly or made in fear. Also, I highly doubt most professional schools will even remember candidates from 2 years prior. Even if they did remember that you did not take their intitial offer and rejected you because they still felt slighted, then is that really a place you'd like to attend? 😱

That said, I also do not agree with the "last resort" method in the first place. You should only apply to programs that you would like to attend; can be proud of; and will adequately prepare you for the career you want.


thanks O Gurl!
 
Smithie08,

You are the 2nd or 3rd SDNer to mention a mentor encouraging them to attend a program they are hesitant about using fear tactics. I am so glad you guys are bringing this shady practice to light, but I am also really concerned and saddened that this sort of thing takes place. If you don't mind my asking, what is your relation to this advisor (professor, research mentor, supervisor at RA position or clinical place) and what his/her background or training?
 
Smithie08,

You are the 2nd or 3rd SDNer to mention a mentor encouraging them to attend a program they are hesitant about using fear tactics. I am so glad you guys are bringing this shady practice to light, but I am also really concerned and saddened that this sort of thing takes place. If you don't mind my asking, what is your relation to this advisor (professor, research mentor, supervisor at RA position or clinical place) and what his/her background or training?

My mentor who gave me this advice is a highly regarded psychiatrist who attended Johns Hopkins for his medical degree, completed neuropsychiatric residency at Harvard, subsequently taught at Harvard, returned to Johns Hopkins and ran Child Psychiatry and then helped begin the University of South Florida's College of Medicine. You'll notice, however, this does not have much to do with the Psychology application process.

His credentials on paper are amazing however he is in his 70s (perhaps even his 80s, I am unsure) and is admittingly a little bit behind the times. I believe this is because he has been in private practice for the last 10 maybe 20 years and this has probably put him behind in the academic world. I have noticed that some of his advice and insight is outstanding while at other times I cannot accept his advice as being knowledgable about the current cicrumstances in academia.
 
My mentor who gave me this advice is a highly regarded psychiatrist who attended Johns Hopkins for his medical degree, completed neuropsychiatric residency at Harvard, subsequently taught at Harvard, returned to Johns Hopkins and ran Child Psychiatry and then helped begin the University of South Florida's College of Medicine. You'll notice, however, this does not have much to do with the Psychology application process.

His credentials on paper are amazing however he is in his 70s (perhaps even his 80s, I am unsure) and is admittingly a little bit behind the times. I believe this is because he has been in private practice for the last 10 maybe 20 years and this has probably put him behind in the academic world. I have noticed that some of his advice and insight is outstanding while at other times I cannot accept his advice as being knowledgable about the current cicrumstances in academia.

I agree with you here. Even one of the psychiatrists who I work closely with at my lab at our med school (I have even published a paper with him) knows squat about the emerging issues and controversies within graduate training in clinical psychology. On the afternoon of Feb 25th I bounded into the lab and told him "I matched!...I matched!"

His response: "Oh, you guys have a match process too?"
 
Last edited:
Smithie08,

You are the 2nd or 3rd SDNer to mention a mentor encouraging them to attend a program they are hesitant about using fear tactics. I am so glad you guys are bringing this shady practice to light, but I am also really concerned and saddened that this sort of thing takes place. If you don't mind my asking, what is your relation to this advisor (professor, research mentor, supervisor at RA position or clinical place) and what his/her background or training?

Hi O Gurl

Its my adviser from my undergraduate, I attended a small liberal arts college, and he is a lecturer in the psychology department...however he is not in clinical psychology (he's in developmental), and so it is possible that his thoughts were similar to the above comments regarding their advisers
 
My mentor who gave me this advice is a highly regarded psychiatrist who attended Johns Hopkins for his medical degree, completed neuropsychiatric residency at Harvard, subsequently taught at Harvard, returned to Johns Hopkins and ran Child Psychiatry and then helped begin the University of South Florida's College of Medicine. You'll notice, however, this does not have much to do with the Psychology application process.

His credentials on paper are amazing however he is in his 70s (perhaps even his 80s, I am unsure) and is admittingly a little bit behind the times. I believe this is because he has been in private practice for the last 10 maybe 20 years and this has probably put him behind in the academic world. I have noticed that some of his advice and insight is outstanding while at other times I cannot accept his advice as being knowledgable about the current cicrumstances in academia.

You are bringing up an important and valuable aspect, EJG941SRQ: reputation and experience and a great ed does not always mean that prof's are up to date about what's going on out there...
the prof I currently labor for as a RA also got his degree (double MD/Ph.D. Neuroscience from JHU - doesn't exist any longer). However, he does not know everything...f.i., he does not know that wikipedia's webpage includes all inkblots of the Rorschach and tells me that that would devalue the test...yes, we all know that but still, it is out there; or: only psychiatrists do psychoanalysis...keeps saying that during lectures...well, those times are over...I guess, my point is that people are not always updated on stuff. You have to build your own opinion what you are doing!!

G'luck,
Ms. Phipps
 
I am a 21-year-old psychology major who will graduate this May. I have applied to about 8 programs, some locally and some out of state and was only called for interview from 2 schools, one being Argosy and the other being a public university I desperately wished to attend. Unfortunately, I found out earlier this week that I was not chosen for the cohort for the public university.

A professional, who's opinion I value, has told me I should go to Argosy because it is unlikely I can achieve anything within the next 8-10 months which would greatly amp up my chances of being accepted to other programs next year. He says if I turn them down this year, I will likely not be accepted by them next year if I need them as a last resort.

So my question, fellow SDN members, is in regards to your opinions on the matter. But with this, understand my credentials: I will receive my Bachelor's in May, with a GPA at 3.7 and a GRE score just under 1200 🙁 I have about a years experience as a research assistant, a years experience doing crisis intervention for the local suicide hotline, and am currently a volunteer for a group home with 14 residents with severe, chronic mental illness which is affiliated with our local mental health facility. I am most interested in attending a university based PsyD program.

If anyone has any recommendations, suggestions, insight, or personal experience, I would greatly value it as I currently feel pretty lost.


I have been where you are. I would advise not attending Argosy and shoot for a University-based PsyD. When I graduated from college, I applied to doctoral programs and got rejected from everywhere except a professional free standing school. I decided against the free standing school and got an MSW (masters of social work) because social workers are master's level therapists and I needed a back-up in case I would not get accepted into clinical psychology doc programs. I would not advise getting an MSW because this will not help you in clinical psychology coursework wise and social workers take a very different approach to mental health. Anyway, I am glad I held out for the university program. Not only did they provide some funding (hence no 100,000+ loans) but the free standing school was just put on probation for APA accreditation this year--not good. My advice is don't sell yourself short and don't give up. You actually have better GRE scores than I do, so take this year to either gain more research experience, more clinical experience, or enter a master's program in psychology to gain experience. There is a lot you can do in a year. Just keep trying and don't give up. Also, you may want to think about your career goals. If you want to do therapy and therapy only, an MSW, or masters degree in mental health counseling, masters degree in clinical or counseling psychology or masters in marriage and family therapy will help you achieve this goal. If you want to do testing and therapy, get a PsyD/PhD. If you want to do testing with children and don't mind being limited to a school system, you may also want to look into school psychology. Don't give up and keep trying. It gets better. 🙂
 
hello everyone- i've been reading through this thread and thought it might be a good place to post a similar question: I was recently accepted into MSPP (which i understand is a for-profit professional school...however good reputation..), and I am considering completing a masters instead...however my advisor cautioned me that if I reject MSPP's offer and then re-apply (as a safety) after my masters, that "I will likely not be accepted by them next year if I need them as a last resort." (quote from EJG941SRQ)- it was comforting to read this thread on Argosy...however, is MSPP different?? should I heed my advisor's advice?
above
 
Last edited:
I don't agree. Working in a lab about human behavior which includes memoryor some aspect of emotion is relevant to clinical psychology. Working in a lab testing the genetics of bone length, maybe not so much.
I also agree. I am currently researching memory processes in a clinical psych program and it most likely contributed to my landing a top neuropsych internship.
 
Last edited: