1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions on delivery options

Discussion in 'Ob/Gyn' started by bryanboling5, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bryanboling5

bryanboling5 Member
    7+ Year Member

My wife is 35 weeks pregnant and at her last OB appointment they told her she was measuring a little big (McDonald's rule, just a cm I think, I couldn't be there) and so they want her to get another u/s in 2 weeks to see if the dates are off. She has not gained too much weight and I don't think the dates are off, her calculations line up to the day with what they got off the 1st and 2nd u/s. So, we're wondering if he's a little LGA.

A friend of ours told us that in a similar situation, she was offered either an induction early (so he'd be smaller and she could deliver vaginally) or a scheduled c-section at term. Let me say, we don't know that he's big and we've not been offered this choice, but I thought I'd do some research so IF we are, we would be better prepared.

Neither of us like the idea of an early induction, but we don't like the idea of a c-section if it's not necessary either. So, first question: how likely based only on a 1cm extra measurement is it that he is LGA? Second, IF we were confronted with that choice, what would you do? I know there are downsides either way. I guess a third question would be, even if he was a little big, would there be any reason to do either the induction or a c-section?

Thanks,
    Bryan

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. nykka3

nykka3 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Giving personal medical advice and opinions are a TOS violation on this site. Sorry.

4. bryanboling5

bryanboling5 Member
    7+ Year Member

OK, how about instead of personal medical advice, can someone give me the pros and cons of each?

5. Global Disrobal

Global Disrobal Along for the ride
    Moderator Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Please consult with your physician for an opinion regarding this matter. If performing a research into the topic, you may wish to use on-line resources or obstetrical text books such as Williams or Gabbe.

In accordance with SDN TOS: closing this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.