Opinions on emailing program directors/ program coordinators/ residents

Started by kingston99
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kingston99

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have applied for the match this cycle. So far I have received a few rejection emails but no interview invites.
Would emailing the program director/coordinator/ resident help me up my chances to get an interview. I met a few people at a conference from programs, so I have some extra information and a connection. Would it still be a shot in the dark or something that shows I am really interested in the program?
Also would calling be better than an email or valued just the same?
 
I have applied for the match this cycle. So far I have received a few rejection emails but no interview invites.
Would emailing the program director/coordinator/ resident help me up my chances to get an interview. I met a few people at a conference from programs, so I have some extra information and a connection. Would it still be a shot in the dark or something that shows I am really interested in the program?
Also would calling be better than an email or valued just the same?

I'd say that after 10/10 it's not likely to hurt and it might help. Have a solid reason for your interest, and only contact the program once. I don't have a preference between calls or emails, so do whichever one you are more comfortable with. If you know someone at a particular program, it would be more effective for that person to reach out on your behalf. Good luck!
 
I'd say that after 10/10 it's not likely to hurt and it might help. Have a solid reason for your interest, and only contact the program once. I don't have a preference between calls or emails, so do whichever one you are more comfortable with. If you know someone at a particular program, it would be more effective for that person to reach out on your behalf. Good luck!

Thanks for the advice.