opinions please??? UConn vs.Penn Dean's Scholar

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RAK1987

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just getting some input. i have 8 days to decide. Any opinions about UConn vs. Penn with dean's scholarship??

Members don't see this ad.

just getting some input. i have 8 days to decide. Any opinions about UConn vs. Penn with dean's scholarship??

Id go Penn with Deans Scholarship, unless you are a Conn resident. Then id go with Ucon cuz its cheaper and also because your first 2 years you are off every day from 12:30 on.

UConn is pretty amazing, ive been dying for an acceptance there.
are you not taking into account that your bf goes there?
(I dont mean to be creepy, but I remember you from UNC, you also said how much you loved UConn when we met...)

Members don't see this ad :)
i know with uconn you can reclassify as an in state resident for the last three years and only pay 25,000 tuition each year. also... it wouldnt be like we get out of class everyday at 12... there is afternoon class 3-4 days a week - so that's not really a huge factor for me...

im really trying to weigh tuition and p/f system vs graded...

thoughts?

UConn is pretty amazing, ive been dying for an acceptance there.
are you not taking into account that your bf goes there?
(I dont mean to be creepy, but I remember you from UNC, you also said how much you loved UConn when we met...)

haha!!! you are awesome!!! and def not creepy!! im just trying to look at everything objectively...

haha!!! you are awesome!!! and def not creepy!! im just trying to look at everything objectively...

haha im glad your not going to go to Uconn just for that reason, you have to do the right thing for you, I have seen too many friends pass up better opportunities due to similar situations.
If money is a factor than uconn would probably be the best choice, in-state switch etc.,
If not I would say go with your gut, like how you felt when you recieved your acceptances, when you got penn were you still waiting on uconn? or vice-versa.
If you over analyze it, you will go crazy :)

haha im glad your not going to go to Uconn just for that reason, you have to do the right thing for you, I have seen too many friends pass up better opportunities due to similar situations.
If money is a factor than Penn would probably be the best choice, scholarship in-state switch etc.,
If not I would say go with your gut, like how you felt when you recieved your acceptances, when you got penn were you still waiting on uconn? or vice-versa.
If you over analyze it, you will go crazy :)

Congrats on the Penn Dean's Scholarship! It's a toss up, you really can't go wrong either way. I wouldn't say that Penn is a "better opportunity", they are in the same league. UConn does have a small class size and Penn's is huge, so based on that you might get a better education at UConn. Neither is in a really great city.. and the bf is at UConn and Philly is really far from there.. Considering all factors, I think you should go to UConn (unless you hear back from Harvard, I hope you do!).

Philladelphia is a Horrible Horrible city. They house the Phillies (hope they lose every game this year) Eagles (bunch of wackos) Flyers(nuissance) and Sixers(who cares). What an awful city.

Philladelphia is a Horrible Horrible city. They house the Phillies (hope they lose every game this year) Eagles (bunch of wackos) Flyers(nuissance) and Sixers(who cares). What an awful city.

This is coming from a soon-to-be-Yankees fan...

UConn, heck of a lot cheaper...!

CC baby! I'm kind of scared he's going to come into training camp even more overweight

-to the OP, go where you will feel the most comfortable. Both schools are great.