Opinions please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vinh858

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have a highs school gpa of 3.45 and an SAT score of 1790.

I've been accepted to:
University of Missouri Kansas City (pre-pharm)
Oregon State University (pre-pharm)
University of Pittsburgh (pre-pharm)
and
University of Sciences Philidelphia (6 Pharm D.)

The University of Sciences offers me a great opportunity to go straight into their pharmacy school. However, their tuition is quite costly since it is a private school. The other schools are much cheaper but I am not assured into their pharmacy school.

From your knowledge of these schools, my gpa, and my SAT schools.
What school do you recommend me to go to?

If anyone here goes to USP, please give me your opinion of the environment there.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

This is something you'll have to research and decide for yourself. When thinking about the schools without guarantees, consider carefully if you are the type of student that can overcome academics easily.

Personally, I would chance the cheaper or more prestigious schools if I had a little faith in myself at all. Also, my high school GPA was a 3.9 but how well you did in high school doesn't always translate to college very well. I was a terrible student back then, but high school isn't known to be difficult.

This is something you'll have to research and decide for yourself. When thinking about the schools without guarantees, consider carefully if you are the type of student that can overcome academics easily.

Personally, I would chance the cheaper or more prestigious schools if I had a little faith in myself at all. Also, my high school GPA was a 3.9 but how well you did in high school doesn't always translate to college very well. I was a terrible student back then, but high school isn't known to be difficult.

ummm USP is a prestigious school get your facts straight. It is the first pharmacy school after all.

I would chance it to and take the cheaper college I don't think anyone of those schools with prepharm are as prestigious as USP (not that I am saying USP is that prestigious)

Members don't see this ad :)
Get a bachelor's degree first. It'll give you time to do more than just class and when you apply to pharmacy school you will be SURE it is what you want.

Also, my high school GPA was a 3.9 but how well you did in high school doesn't always translate to college very well. I was a terrible student back then, but high school isn't known to be difficult.

FWIW I had a 3.0 in high school with sub-par math and science grades ... and a 4.0 at college in both the same subjects and advanced courses! Some people like me are late bloomers and only learn discipline and good study skills later on, so it can cut both ways!:luck:

this is something you'll have to research and decide for yourself. When thinking about the schools without guarantees, consider carefully if you are the type of student that can overcome academics easily.

Personally, i would chance the cheaper or more prestigious schools if i had a little faith in myself at all. Also, my high school gpa was a 3.9 but how well you did in high school doesn't always translate to college very well. I was a terrible student back then, but high school isn't known to be difficult.

+ 1

In my opinion, go wherever you want. I only know about Pitt, and it's...neat. School is school, do well, get experience, and you'll get a good job if you put your mind to it.

I really don't know how anyone can make a career decision at 17-18 years of age, though. I'd rather have more options, since I know my interests in life changed as I got older.