Opportunities in Arizona

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pr1d3D0c

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently halfway through my residency training and am starting to consider what lies ahead for myself and my family. I currently am training on the East Coast, but am very interested in relocating to Arizona (ideally northern Arizona) following my training. I am also interested currently in either doing Microvascular or Robotic Head and Neck or General ENT ultimately. My question is two-fold:

1) Does anyone know what the job market in Northern Arizona (around Flagstaff or Sedona areas) is like? Both for a general ENT or someone wanting to do Head and Neck. I imagine generalist will be the most feasible if I want to live in this area, but unsure if even this is possible.

2) Does anyone have any experience or background with the Mayo Clinic Arizona Head and Neck Reconstructive Program? I am very interested in pursuing this, especially because they offer a two year track, but would like to hear perspectives on its competitiveness, layout, and experiences.

Thank you all in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I would call up every practice in those areas and get on their radar. You'll find out the situation much better that way. To get past any gatekeepers, just say something like "This is Dr. Pr1d3DOc, will you have Dr. Flagstaff call me back at XXX-XXX-XXXX".

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve trained under Mayo HN fellowship grads. Never did the program myself. They’ve been fantastic from my perspective, though they graduated some time ago…

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a pathologist in a southern Arizona hospital. We are looking to hire a ENT. Rural but a decent sized community.
We have a robot. Wide open market for someone with good skills.

Contact me at titansmoons --- a --- yahoo dot com

Thanks

I don't know if he's still there at mayo Scottsdale but Rick Hayden trained one of my mentors back in the day for his fellowship. Obviously hard to know if it was the program or the doctor. But my mentor was/is a fantastic head and neck surgeon.