Opportunities in Pharmacy

Started by USArmyDoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

USArmyDoc

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey,

I am a 4th year medical student but my cousin is starting a pharmacy program this upcoming year. On the floors, I have worked with clinical pharmacists and they were so helpful. It is also fun working with the pharmacy students. We explain to each other the way we look at things as a physician vs pharmacist. However, that is about as much about pharmacy as I know.

Ughh I hate to be so vague but is there a way anyone could give me a run down of the different opportunities involved in pharmacy?
 
the best advice from my perspective is to get involved at a hospital as a student. Get as far away from retail. You will take a lot away and see what real pharmacy practice is like. You will get exposure to doctors, the drugs, the way hospitals work. IF you are lucky, you can spend time with the clinical staff and also get involved with research. Pharmacy is a great field if you know how to get where you want.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.