acnikyj

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2001
brooklyn
Status (Visible)
for those of you in opt school, are your classes based more upon chemistry, bio, or physics? it seems to me that vision is more physics based (which i enjoy), and i absolutely hate chemistry, so i'm curious about what to expect.

now for my new favorite graemlin:
s_feier.gif

nik

abs1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 4, 2001
Philadelphia
Status (Visible)
Our classes are based on all three, with more emphasis on physics. The only "chem" course we must take is biochem, but biochem relates directly to all our physio, pharm, immunology, etc classes. :D And we take extensive ocular biology courses and anatomy and physio courses that all relate to bio. :D

cpw

It's a boy !!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 25, 2001
Tampa
Status (Visible)
  1. Optometrist
This semester it's mostly anatomy and physio. We don't take biochem at UHCO (it's a prereq). There is some physics with optics, but it's mostly trig and algebra. (nothing overly complicated.. just applying it is tricky)
I think the only time you'll see organic is with pharm. (but don't quote me on that)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.