Opt School @ UNC-Pembroke? T/F?

Started by GoHeels1
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GoHeels1

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My mom keeps hearing that UNC-Pembroke has received millions in grants to build an optometry school ? Anyone heard this??

I dont really know why it would go there...considering all the other big-wig health prof. universities in NC 2.5 hours down the road?
 
GoHeels1 said:
My mom keeps hearing that UNC-Pembroke has received millions in grants to build an optometry school ? Anyone heard this??

I dont really know why it would go there...considering all the other big-wig health prof. universities in NC 2.5 hours down the road?
UNC was pushing to build that school not so long ago, but through public pressure several groups, mostly optometrists, were able to stop them. That’s the last I heard, anyhow. There are a couple of old threads about this 😉
 
GoHeels1 said:
My mom keeps hearing that UNC-Pembroke has received millions in grants to build an optometry school ? Anyone heard this??

I dont really know why it would go there...considering all the other big-wig health prof. universities in NC 2.5 hours down the road?

The plan fell through.