Options for a Mechanical Engineer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Igor4sugry

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a mechanical engineering student in my junior year. So far I have 3.80, and just found out I have an A in Ochem 1. I'm applying end of next year, and would like to know what my options are in relation to the type of schools I can rationaly apply to?

Members don't see this ad.

Igor4sugry said:
I'm a mechanical engineering student in my junior year. So far I have 3.80, and just found out I have an A in Ochem 1. I'm applying end of next year, and would like to know what my options are in relation to the type of schools I can rationaly apply to?

Nothing is closed to you yet, but without an MCAT score and some health related experience, no one can make any predictions. Do you have all the prereqs under your belt (including eg. two semesters of English)? If you do well at the MCAT and get some decent clinical experience, you will probably do fine, assuming everything else is in order and you interview decently. If you flub the MCAT, the 3.8 won't carry you far.