optometrist to opthamologist

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

well?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If you're going to call someone names, you should really do it without making yourself look stupid and uneducated, idiot (noun).

Wow...such anger.

Change your picture. You are acting like Ron Weasly.You know, that guy who was too stupid to learn anything and therefore could not apply it. Also, go take a timeout like you did last time. You know what I'm talking about.

What makes you think I feel unhappy if I'm perceived to be stupid or uneducated ? Your pathetic and thus irrelevant. And Im not just saying this, I really do mean it. Really.

Last edited:
Ah, I feel like all is well in the world. The token med students who think med school holds the key to all knowledge and the OD students fighting the establishment.

VA used to be a middle ground, but is showing the indoctrination is taking hold.

Yeah, I'm sorry about that. 1) I had just finished Step 1, I hated everyone and everything and this topic, quite frankly, is easy to lash out at. 2) Simply put, I think Oculomotor reflects badly on every decent OD of the last 40 years. You and I have our disagreements, but at the end of the day I know that you really do care about optometry and that alone earns my respect. This other guy is the kind of thing that folks in my field will hold up to Congress and say "See, this is what they want to do". That will hurt all of you.

Members don't see this ad :)
6) Naturopathic Doctors (ND's) getting prescription rights in 50 states versus just a handful. (Alternative Medicine (CAM) I feel has some merit.)

7) Chiropractors getting more access to mainstream care (I love my Chiropractor!!!)

These two statements by themselves prove to me that you are insane. Naturopathic doctors, really? Show me studies that prove they are better than placebo. Decent studies. Same goes for the chiros.

Here's the thing, medicine has been fighting you guys for years about safety. We've never questioned your methods or treatments (except VT, and even ODs aren't united about that one). We understand that what y'all do works, we just question how good you are at it. I think this is generally undeserved, but no one asks me. On the other hand, with DCs and NDs, no one has yet shown that anything they do is better than me throwing placebos or tylenol at you. In addition, both of those professions actively work against proven medical ideas (vaccines being the big one, antibiotics being a close second).

Oculomotor,

Keep in mind that many OD's receive referrals from primary care docs.

I do care tremendously for my field-----you and I know both know that the real world and here are two totally different places. I lobbied for my profession to get a legislative victory to benefit patient care. I contribute to my state's PAC and pay an outrageous amount of money to go to OD school. Your comments are plebian and offensive to me (implying that I don't care about my field.) Ridiculous....... I never ever said anything derisive towards MD's (individually, at the practitioner level )or whatever, rather I pointed out the philosophical and legislative problems that every other health care profession has with them. As to Chiropractic and Naturopathic Doctors to make a broad generalization about them just like you did is ignorant. There are quacky chiropractors and there are quacky medical doctors and so on. Anything else you want to paint with your big brush with a broad brush stroke? GEEEEEEESH

aminoacid,

I feel that family docs are a very important and I have a lot of respect for them. I am aware of the interaction between family MD's and OD's.

I do care tremendously for my field-----you and I know both know that the real world and here are two totally different places. I lobbied for my profession to get a legislative victory to benefit patient care. I contribute to my state's PAC and pay an outrageous amount of money to go to OD school. Your comments are plebian and offensive to me (implying that I don't care about my field.) Ridiculous....... I never ever said anything derisive towards MD's (individually, at the practitioner level )or whatever, rather I pointed out the philosophical and legislative problems that every other health care profession has with them. As to Chiropractic and Naturopathic Doctors to make a broad generalization about them just like you did is ignorant. There are quacky chiropractors and there are quacky medical doctors and so on. Anything else you want to paint with your big brush with a broad brush stroke? GEEEEEEESH

I never said you didn't care about the field, I said that your approach (at least here, I'll give you that point) will cause more harm than good. Honestly, if you donate money and go after things truly with patient care in mind, I think you and I would get along just fine. As for cost of school, we all feel that pain - it doesn't make you special.

As for DCs and NDs, I will make broad generalizations because they are true. There is no science supporting what they do with one exception: some alternative medicines do work. However, you'll also find MDs suggesting the same things when appropriate (fish oil). So no, I will not alter my stance on CAM. I'm going to go find some of the papers I've seen posted on this forum about that and I'll PM them to you with a brief interpretation if needed (some of them really do need it, its not just me being condescending).

and your opinion is?

Last edited:
Its a good thing this didn't turn into a giant war as predicted. ;)

Sadly you are correct.

Let's get this thread back on topic (which happens to be a topic which has been done and redone and practically beat to death over and over and over and over - :beat:). If this thread degenerates further into personal attacks, it will be closed.

What makes you think I'm angry. And if I am, why are you concerned?

I went on a long vacation with my girlfriend. I guess that's a good reason for a timeout. Maybe you should take one too... :laugh:

I never said you were unhappy. But I'd venture to suggest that compared to me, you would be considered by most to be more pathetic and irrelevant.

Hey. Learn to spell and use grammar. Your cheap insults might actually begin to sound insulting.

I assumed you were angry because my comment was not directed to you, and yet you responded for some absurd reason with words only a child would use. I'm not concerned about how you feel, I was just interpreting your post, and it seemed to be filled with anger.

Are you sure you went with your wife and not eyestrain ? Go on a vacation again, since obviously you don't have the mental capacity to argue with me, doc. Or, just shut your mouth.

I could care less about what people think about me on here. Just go to the pre-opt forums and look at the topic about students going from high-school straight to od school. Its sad how people actually think they can argue that by saying you get valuable experiences in college that you dont in HS. They really believe this and its there only argument. Come on!

Good though, you did admit you are pathetic and irrelevant. That was step 1.
Now, the second step would be to do something relevant thereby making you not pathetic. Hmmm... on second thought,I think your fine at step 1.

My insults are not meant to be interpreted as insults. They are merely what I think about you based on what you say. They are facts, and correcting my spelling/grammar will never change those facts. Sorry.

That all you got ? :sleep:

bla

Last edited:
If you choose to insult someone, you are implying they are stupid. Your point is a lot more effective if you do it with proper spelling and grammar. I don't understand why you can't understand this, and this is all that I try to point out.

As for calling me generic names, I mean come on. I'm irrelevant? If I'm so irrelvant, why do you keep replying to me?

Hey Gochi - I got a title for you: the forumoron.

Wow. Read my previous post. I dont think you should have replied.