Optometry Diary Started!

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cpw

It's a boy !!!
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! Well, I went to a journal website and set up an account to keep a journal of my days in optometry school. To view it go to Live Journal and type optometry into the interest box in the corner. This will pull up all the users interested in optometry. (aka only ME!)

If anyone else is interested in starting a journal there of their first/second/third/fourth year experiences in optometry school feel free. I think it would be a great place to let people read what we're going through. Just make sure you list "optometry" under your interests section so other users can pull up your journal.

Enjoy! Feel free to either post questios about it here or on the journal site. I hope y'all enjoy it. ;) I've only got the bacics up and running for now til classes start.

Members don't see this ad.

That's nice of you to start a journal cpw.... :cool:

I'm glad it's finally started! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, guys! Actually, I found out that to post comments on the livejournal website you have to be a registered user. Although, it is free. So, if y'all have questions feel free to post them here. It'll keep the thread at the top of the screen too! ;)

Here's the direct link to my actual page.

CPW's Optometry Student Journal

Enjoy! :D

Hey CPW it's great that you're soon going to be moving your journal to the medschool diaries!! Oh and I was at that same Romeo and Juliet play last weekend :)

CPW is that your pic running with the Dog :D
If so, Can you make the pic closer so we can see your beautiful face ;)

well, unfortuanately I had to shrink the pic to fit it into their 100x100 pixel requirement.. so that's as close as I can get it. Sorry. You'll have to wait until they hook me up on the student diaries to see my face. ;) But yes, that is me running flyball with my dog. (well, waiting at the start line to run flyball with my dog)

CPW
I really enjoy reading your diary every day. Please keep on posting, it's very interesting. ;)

Well, Livejournal is overloaded and they're getting more servers even as we speak. So, hang in there and I'll be posting more as soon as I can get acess again. It's letting me post, but I can't see the entries after I do that. So, I am posting we just won't be able to read them until after the new servers are installed a livejournal. Sorry guys, I'm doing the best I can! :D :D I'd start a thread here, but as soon as I do that I'm sure livejournal will start working again. (sigh) :rolleyes:

well, it appears livejournal is up and working again. Fortunately all the posts I uploaded during the "downtime" were still saved. (phew!) So, you guys can now see what I've been up to in the interm. enjoy! Let me know if anyone has questions or the like! :D

CPW
why I can't creat an acount on LIVE JOURNAL web site :mad: ?

you should be able to.. it might be down again though. I don't really know much about their system (since it's not affiliated with SDN) but I'll try and look into it.

Members don't see this ad :)
waw That was really long post cpw (your last post) :rolleyes:

hey, don't complain about the long posts. :) I would think most people enjoy the long posts. Hopefully they're informative. Definitely let me know if y'all have questions about OD school, admissions, etc.
:)

hello cpw,

your diary is very interesting i hope it continues.

Just bumping the topic back up to the top... I still haven't heard anything from the med student diary people who said earlier in the year (semester) that they would create me a page, but I know they're just (if not more) busy than myself. So, I'm making due with what I have. If anyone out there is proficient in HTML or any other language and feels like helping out an OD student by making her a page to post on... you'd be my new best friend. ;) I would like something that people could post on to ask questions without having to register at livejournal.com. (even though I think livejournal is cool)

Great! Something about the great profession of Optometry. Finally we can post stuff about Conjunctivitis and light theory! j/k. I think its great. Optometry is a great profession, and one that im looking forward to be a part of for years to come :)

Hey JoshuaPaul! Welcome to SDN! Hopefully this site will start hopping in awhie and we can get some discussions going.. :D

It's BAAAAAACCK!!! (now that classes are starting up again) Live through my SECOND YEAR with me. :D Or, go back and read through my first year if you want to find out what it's like (or what you're about to get yourself into) Enjoy folks! I've had fun writing it!! :)

Wow cpw your second year must be incredibly busy because I don't see the journal updates anymore:)