Optometry Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mars&stars

Reaction score
What should I bring to my optometry schools interviews? I have 3 scheduled before Christmas. Is it necessary to bring a portfolio with copies of your resume and things like that? Can I just come mentally prepared? Would love to know ALL suggestions and past experiences as all of my interviews are out of state and I would like to pack accordingly. Thanks so much!

P.S. girls did you wear heels or are flats just as socially acceptable and professional just curious? Also would like to know how many girls wore full suits versus just pants/skirt and a blouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

What should I bring to my optometry schools interviews? I have 3 scheduled before Christmas. Is it necessary to bring a portfolio with copies of your resume and things like that? Can I just come mentally prepared? Would love to know ALL suggestions and past experiences as all of my interviews are out of state and I would like to pack accordingly. Thanks so much!

P.S. girls did you wear heels or are flats just as socially acceptable and professional just curious? Also would like to know how many girls wore full suits versus just pants/skirt and a blouse

You dont need to bring anything honestly, they give you everything you need

I wore a full suit and heels but there were plenty of other girls wearing suits with flats or even dresses and skirts. You don't need to bring a resume or anything since they have your Optomcas app, but I would suggest doing a little research on each school prior to your interview and having some questions prepared. I wrote my questions down in a little notebook and brought that with me in a purse. They will likely supply you with a folder that has an itinerary/other pamphlets about the school.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)

Bring a :
- notepad - something to write in, and pen!
- suit - everyone dresses more professional than business casual

- briefcase/neutral colored bag to carry the pamphlets and packets of info they give you.... they do tend to pass out a lot of information regarding financial aid, the program, school info...etc. It is helpful to have a bag with you to put that all in, Also, i brought both flats and heels. Some schools i visited were about a 6 hour process, and others were about 3 hours. So i kept the flats in my bag in case my feet every began to hurt, but I always had the heels on for the actual interview, and when I first came to the school. I usually changed out my shoes during bathroom break and no one ever seemed to notice... so its totally up to you. I just found my suit looked more professional with heels on.

- i printed out my resume and transcript on cardstock paper, and always had it on hand with me in this little portfolio thing i bought, and it had a notepad with it. they never need it, but some schools where you have a closed folder interview, you can always give them your resume at the end just in case they ask for it. Also, i heard some people have had experiences where the interviewer didnt have your paperwork, so always better to keep it on hand and be better prepared than underprepared.

- small 8 oz water bottle... some interviews last a while
- if you have business cards (student cards?) bring them with you
- a small pack of napkins, just in case you need to sneeze or something.... it is flu season

Also: Im a person who is always overprepared becasue i cant deal with the stress of feeling slightly underprepared :) hope this helped!

Bring a :
- notepad - something to write in, and pen!
- suit - everyone dresses more professional than business casual

- briefcase/neutral colored bag to carry the pamphlets and packets of info they give you.... they do tend to pass out a lot of information regarding financial aid, the program, school info...etc. It is helpful to have a bag with you to put that all in, Also, i brought both flats and heels. Some schools i visited were about a 6 hour process, and others were about 3 hours. So i kept the flats in my bag in case my feet every began to hurt, but I always had the heels on for the actual interview, and when I first came to the school. I usually changed out my shoes during bathroom break and no one ever seemed to notice... so its totally up to you. I just found my suit looked more professional with heels on.

- i printed out my resume and transcript on cardstock paper, and always had it on hand with me in this little portfolio thing i bought, and it had a notepad with it. they never need it, but some schools where you have a closed folder interview, you can always give them your resume at the end just in case they ask for it. Also, i heard some people have had experiences where the interviewer didnt have your paperwork, so always better to keep it on hand and be better prepared than underprepared.

- small 8 oz water bottle... some interviews last a while
- if you have business cards (student cards?) bring them with you
- a small pack of napkins, just in case you need to sneeze or something.... it is flu season

Also: Im a person who is always overprepared becasue i cant deal with the stress of feeling slightly underprepared :) hope this helped!

Bring a car as well, so you can leave all of that stuff in it LOL

Does anybody know much about Midwestern University and their optometry program?..