Oral Boards, did i fail?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted813736

I spilled a bowl of milk on my suit and tie about midway through case 4 this morning. The proctor acted like she didn't notice but it was blatantly obvious what I had done. I forgot what I was doing during the case and then ran out of time. Am i passing or is there a section that grades on appearance

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I spilled a bowl of milk on my suit and tie about midway through case 4 this morning. The proctor acted like she didn't notice but it was blatantly obvious what I had done. I forgot what I was doing during the case and then ran out of time. Am i passing or is there a section that grades on appearance
I munched on a dry block of ramen noodles during my oral boards. My proctor threw up and I didn't even hold her hair. Still passed.

You're good.

haha

Last edited:
At first I was confused, but then realized that oral boards are done virtually now.

As long as you didn't beshat yourself on camera, I think you're all good...

How do you get the tag "Physician" under your name?

And for that matter "Verified Expert"

Oral boards did kind of suck though. I left feeling like I “got the diagnosis” in each case and still feel unsure if I passed.

In all seriousness, oral boards were hard. It was unlike any other test we took our whole careers. It can be failed my smart people that have done very well on written exams. I think it’s a terrible measure of an Emergency Physician’s competence, that is unless they improved it from what it was in the earl-mid ‘00s.

Reactions: 1 user
In all seriousness, oral boards were hard. It was unlike any other test we took our whole careers. It can be failed my smart people that have done very well on written exams. I think it’s a terrible measure of an Emergency Physician’s competence, that is unless they improved it from what it was in the earl-mid ‘00s.
I don't really even remember mine. I didn't find it too difficult, but we had practiced a ton during residency. Man, that was nearly 13 years ago. I'm getting old.

southernnoctor

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user