Orals in spring vs fall

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fastrach

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Curious to hear thoughts about taking the orals in the spring vs the fall from those in da know... Anyone sign up for it in the spring and wish they'd taken it in the fall, or vice versa? $1950 is a lot to pay for buyer's remorse....

Members don't see this ad.

I would rather shut myself away all winter preparing for the test than all next summer and be thinking about it all this winter.

Post Orals drunken bash in Atlanta for the SDNers? Anybody familiar with the area?

- pod

I would rather shut myself away all winter preparing for the test than all next summer and be thinking about it all this winter.

Post Orals drunken bash in Atlanta for the SDNers? Anybody familiar with the area?

- pod

Im in the ATL. Residency and as faculty. So if anyone needs info just let me know

Members don't see this ad :)
This year at least I know many people that signed up for April in NYC and got October in minnisota.

Do you know anyone that signed up immediately after the written results came in that still ended up with a fall date for the exam?

I have several friends who this happened to. One actually signed up for the spring exam earlier than I did and ended up getting the fall. I really don't think there is any rhyme or reason for the way they choose. But I do know that just because you request one does not mean you are going to get it, no matter when you send back the cash.

I have several friends who this happened to. One actually signed up for the spring exam earlier than I did and ended up getting the fall. I really don't think there is any rhyme or reason for the way they choose. But I do know that just because you request one does not mean you are going to get it, no matter when you send back the cash.

agree completely. there is no rhyme or reason.

Curious to hear thoughts about taking the orals in the spring vs the fall from those in da know... Anyone sign up for it in the spring and wish they'd taken it in the fall, or vice versa? $1950 is a lot to pay for buyer's remorse....

Just signed up for spring - want to get rid of the pain as soon as possible.

and the possibility to be pushed to take it in the fall really sucks

I'd signed up before the emails were out. Requested April. Got Oct. I'd signed up faster than many comrades who got April. I have a feeling all the people who want April are put in a lottery (kind of like Shirley Jackson). They fill the April slots and dump the rest in Oct.

It would have been nice to have it over, but it's not that big of a deal, unless you've been planning on taking the echo boards and got Oct.

I'm taking it in October. Can't miss out on prime mountain riding. February, March and April are the absolute best times of the year to strap on a snowboard. I have to work on my priorities now that I'm out! :cool: