orascoptic HiRes 3.5x or DFV EF 3.5???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

csung1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering what are you thoughts of the orascoptic HiRes 3.5x or DFV EF 3.5x loupes???

Please comment on field of view, depth of view resolution, weight etc.

From my research on the internet and forums, people have been saying these two are the best. If you can recommend any better ones, please do.

Thanks for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

Just wondering what are you thoughts of the orascoptic HiRes 3.5x or DFV EF 3.5x loupes???

Please comment on field of view, depth of view resolution, weight etc.

From my research on the internet and forums, people have been saying these two are the best. If you can recommend any better ones, please do.

Thanks for your help!

To my knowledge, the orascoptic 4.0 is going to be comparable to DFV 3.5. But i would like to know what other people think about these two!!

To my knowledge, the orascoptic 4.0 is going to be comparable to DFV 3.5. But i would like to know what other people think about these two!!

There are no standardized magnification values for loupes. But, I have compared a few orascoptic prisms and dfv prisms side to side.

DFV 4.5ef is similar to orascoptic hires plus 5.0
DFV 3.5ef is smilar to orascoptic hires plus 4.5

orascoptic hires 3.5 is not prism loupe.
only their hires plus' are prism loupes.

DFV prism loupes are all heavier than orascoptics.

Members don't see this ad :)
There are no standardized magnification values for loupes. But, I have compared a few orascoptic prisms and dfv prisms side to side.

DFV 4.5ef is similar to orascoptic hires plus 5.0
DFV 3.5ef is smilar to orascoptic hires plus 4.5

orascoptic hires 3.5 is not prism loupe.
only their hires plus' are prism loupes.

DFV prism loupes are all heavier than orascoptics.

Oh yes thanks for the correction my bad I kinda assumed he was talking about the Hi-res plus. So what is really comparable to the 3.5/4.0 high res of Orascoptic would it be somewhere between 3.5 and 2.5 of other companies?

sorry, YES i am comparing the orascoptic HiRes Plus 3.5 to DFV 3.5EF.

Quality wise, how do their field of views and depth of views compare?

sorry, YES i am comparing the orascoptic HiRes Plus 3.5 to DFV 3.5EF.

Quality wise, how do their field of views and depth of views compare?

they are both of high quality. Since the DFV 3.5ef is identical to orascoptics 4.5hires plus, they both have similar field of views and field of depth.

DFV doesnt make prisms lower than their 3.5x so not quite sure how to compared orascoptics 3.5prims to DFV's.

My friend has orascoptic 4.0 hires plus and it produces very clear image.

Just try all of them out if you can and pick one that you like the best.

they are both of high quality. Since the DFV 3.5ef is identical to orascoptics 4.5hires plus, they both have similar field of views and field of depth.

DFV doesnt make prisms lower than their 3.5x so not quite sure how to compared orascoptics 3.5prims to DFV's.

My friend has orascoptic 4.0 hires plus and it produces very clear image.

Just try all of them out if you can and pick one that you like the best.

Is it truly a 4.5x magnification though?

Is it truly a 4.5x magnification though?

From what i understand DFV makes their loupes in a way that their 3.5x loupes will magnify a image 3.5 times. They call this true magnification. http://www.designsforvision.com/DentHtml/DentMag.htm

This doesn't mean that other manufatures could not make their loupes with "true mag." From what i understand, they use another way to classify their magnification.

DFV likes to set themselves apart by using a different way to classify their magnification levels to attract more buyers because their 3.5x appears larger than their competitors. This may cause buyers to think the DFV3.5x is "better" than their competitors when infact the only difference is just the naming of the mags.

HOwever, i m not saying all the manufactures have same quality of loupes (ie: quality of the optics, durability, their customer service). Orascoptic and DFV in my opinion both makes quality loupes.

From what i understand DFV makes their loupes in a way that their 3.5x loupes will magnify a image 3.5 times. They call this true magnification. http://www.designsforvision.com/DentHtml/DentMag.htm

This doesn't mean that other manufatures could not make their loupes with "true mag." From what i understand, they use another way to classify their magnification.

DFV likes to set themselves apart by using a different way to classify their magnification levels to attract more buyers because their 3.5x appears larger than their competitors. This may cause buyers to think the DFV3.5x is "better" than their competitors when infact the only difference is just the naming of the mags.

HOwever, i m not saying all the manufactures have same quality of loupes (ie: quality of the optics, durability, their customer service). Orascoptic and DFV in my opinion both makes quality loupes.

What loupes do you use? Also, is the weight pretty close between the orascoptic and DFV? I have seen where surgitel states that their prismatic loupes are lighter than everyone elses. Are they any good?

What loupes do you use? Also, is the weight pretty close between the orascoptic and DFV? I have seen where surgitel states that their prismatic loupes are lighter than everyone elses. Are they any good?

i use the dfv4.5 efs only cuz dentists i knew loved their dfv prisms and the black frames are the sturdest out there. They also spoke very highly of DFVs optic quality. (Zeiss still holds the number 1 spot in optics).

the dfv 4.5ef weighs about 125grams. I think orascoptic prisms weighs around 70 to 80 grams? You can check it in their brochures.

There was a dentist who owned both DFV and surgitel and said DFVoptics was alot better than the surgitel. Take this with a grain of salt and see it for youself.

Didnt you purchase the dfv3.5ef already?

i use the dfv4.5 efs only cuz dentists i knew loved their dfv prisms and the black frames are the sturdest out there. They also spoke very highly of DFVs optic quality. (Zeiss still holds the number 1 spot in optics).

the dfv 4.5ef weighs about 125grams. I think orascoptic prisms weighs around 70 to 80 grams? You can check it in their brochures.

There was a dentist who owned both DFV and surgitel and said DFVoptics was alot better than the surgitel. Take this with a grain of salt and see it for youself.

Didnt you purchase the dfv3.5ef already?

Thanks again. No I haven't yet we cant till november for some reason?! So as of now I am trying to get all my ducks in a row so when I do order it should be hassle free. I just want to make sure I get the right amount for school so i dont get loupe envy haha

What i the best thing to do for prescriptions? I have a very very weak prescription and really only effects me at night or long distances.