order for review??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thegingerbreadm

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I am a little confused about how to handle reviewing my subjects, I only have about 7 days to do it because I fell behind. By this point I will have gone through everything once in really great detail using RR Path, BRS Phys, RoadMap Pharm, FA and USMLE World (By that point, I should be about 75% complete with Qbank). I guess what I am really asking, is what order would you rate these subjects for most yield on the exam (and please, I know the obvious that knowing everything is ideal haha). Should I review based on what I did first b/c I may have forgotten it by now? (subjects like immuno, embryo, biochem, micro, etc) or should still just emphasize my review on subjects like pathology, physiology, pathophysiology, pharm which seem to be the bulk of the material....i appreciate any thoughts really, hope this was not confusing....

ps - please no negativity, i don't think anyone should be putting anyone else down when they are close to taking this stressful exam

Members don't see this ad.

I think it depends on what's more difficult for you (since everyone has different weaknesses). Personally, I'd do a quick run-through of your weak spots in path/phys for a couple of days with plenty of questions, then do the biochem/immuno/micro/pharm stuff since it'll require more last minute memorization. Sounds like you should be ok since you've already gone through everything in depth. Good luck!

In terms of high yield
Path=phys>pharm>micro/immuno> biochem > neuro

Things like gross, embryo, histo etc are not high yield

I agree that things that take some memorization should be reviewed last to keep them in your mind.