All Branch Topic (ABT) Ordering Field Supplies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cooperd0g

Something witty goes here.
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m looking for the best place, or places, to order field corpsman/medic supplies, ideally with NSN. My command runs a pretty major exercise twice a year and we bring in a lot of external assets. They don’t always have the right gear so I want to make some loaner med bags for docs and corpsman. We also run a mass casualty exercise and I need both real and training equipment.

I know about North American Rescue and Chinook, just looking for addition options as well that maybe easier to associate NSNs with what I need/want.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

using government procurement or your own cash...?

Either way - go to medical.dla.mil, get an account, request access to the Medical Master Catalog, and then you can look up all your gear by part number or manufacturer, or description to get an associated NSN. If you get access to the Medical Contingency Requirements Workflow, you can pull all assemblages to see what NSNs are in each.

Members don't see this ad :)
using government procurement or your own cash...?

Either way - go to medical.dla.mil, get an account, request access to the Medical Master Catalog, and then you can look up all your gear by part number or manufacturer, or description to get an associated NSN. If you get access to the Medical Contingency Requirements Workflow, you can pull all assemblages to see what NSNs are in each.

Government money as it is to support military training. Thanks for the info. I’ll get on this Monday.

Government money as it is to support military training. Thanks for the info. I’ll get on this Monday.

Sure. The Medical Master Catalog is a pretty robust tool. Not super user friendly or intuitive - it is a Military IT System after all - but it will tell you the current sources of supply for each part as well. So if it’s available via med/surg prime vendor, or pharm prime vendor, or ECAT, etc. You can also buy things on Government Purchase Card but if something (medical) has an NSN it’s supposed be in an assemblage and supposed to be sourced through a DLA program. Supposed to is key...

Reactions: 1 user
Hey OP - hope you were able to get into the DLA apps. If you’re having trouble getting through red tape, PM me. I can get you to the right people at DLA for the info you need.

Hey OP - hope you were able to get into the DLA apps. If you’re having trouble getting through red tape, PM me. I can get you to the right people at DLA for the info you need.

I took a quick look today, but I should have more time tomorrow. I’ll PM you after a I spend a bit of time trying to navigate it. Thanks.