Ordering GRE scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yikes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi,
ets told me that score reports that include the subject test taken on 10/6 won't be mailed until 11/16. i have a few school with 12/1 deadlines who do not require the subject test (it is recommended), but I wanted to send it to them because i wasn't a psych major, but did well on the subject exam. however, i'm concered my scores won't arrive in time. any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Yikes, I'm on the same boat. I requested my scores through the phone yesterday, and I'm guessing they will take some time to mail out, as they said 5 business days and the 16th seems about right.. I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping that schools will understand that there is going to be a delay with ETS, and maybe they will accept unofficial scores in the meantime..

I'm sure this has been an issue with other applicants in the past and it will be no surprise to the schools if the scores arrive a little later, but there's really nothing we can do about it as applicants except to make sure we request the scores in a timely manner..

i know i'm not being too helpful with this post, but just letting you know that there are others out there in the same situation as you!

yeah that's good to know. i'm just unsure of what to do because the woman i talked to at ets said that often times ets will send out general scores without subject test scores if you order them too early. she gave me her extension and told me to call her on the 16th and she would process it. seems weird, so i wanted to know what others have found.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey yikes,

definitely don't wait until the 16th to request your scores.. i also spoke with a man at ETS last week who told me that they scores would be ready on the 7th and indeed they were. so i called up yesterday and requested them all. the phone system lets you know which scores are available for reporting, and asks you if they want your subject scores, general scores, or both scores sent, so you dont have to worry about just your general scores getting sent out..

Here's a question...

When you order scores for a school, and you've done both the general GRE and the psych subject test, do they send both out for $15? Or, do you have to pay an extra $15 for them to simply add a line with your subject score?

Here's a question...

When you order scores for a school, and you've done both the general GRE and the psych subject test, do they send both out for $15? Or, do you have to pay an extra $15 for them to simply add a line with your subject score?

So both scores will go out for the 15 bucks. I'd be dead broke if they made you pay them separately.. It costs like 12 extra dollars just to make the call, and you can only report up to 8 schools per call.. So if you're applying to more than 8, you have to call again and pay the fee again.. Yes, its fun being ripped off while trying to go to grad school...

So both scores will go out for the 15 bucks. I'd be dead broke if they made you pay them separately.. It costs like 12 extra dollars just to make the call, and you can only report up to 8 schools per call.. So if you're applying to more than 8, you have to call again and pay the fee again.. Yes, its fun being ripped off while trying to go to grad school...

Thanks for the info belle. Ya, don't get me started on the devil company lol... ripped off is right. At least the two scores go out together, I was thinking that I'd have to pay for each.

If I'm not mistaken, you have a form to fax them all at once, right? I think I did it that way last year.