• A new admissions hurdle is becoming more common: the CASPer test. Learn more about it at a free webinar hosted by SDN and PrepMatch on May 6th. Register now!

jbdb35

2+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Physical Therapy
This may seem like somewhat of a weird question, but I'll ask it nonetheless. Some of the programs to which I am apply require fewer letters of recommendation than what I will have on my application. As in, one school requires one professor and one 'healthcare professional'. If I have three recommendations, two of which are healthcare professionals (one PT who I shadowed, the other a Pharmacist for whom I have worked as a technician for 3+years) does the order in which I receive their letters of recommendation affect what the school will use to fulfill their requirements? The letter I have from my pharmacist/boss will be much more indicative of my work ethic, character etc. so I am worried that the 'healthcare professional' quota will get used by the weaker LOR I have from my PT. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Smash Atoms

2+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Physical Therapy Student
From what I understand after speaking to several schools, they receive and read ALL LORs that are sent.
I am applying to several programs who all wanted different things, so I ended up doing 2 from PTs, 1 from a professor in my major, and 1 from my employer.
Managed to hit all requirements with those 4.

Good luck!

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.