Oregan Health and Science University (OHSU) Class of 2014!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

want2succeed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all.. Congrats to all who have been accepted and will decide to attend OHSU! I cant wait to meet you all! =) We rock!!!!!! c/o 2014 !!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all.. Congrats to all who have been accepted and will decide to attend OHSU! I cant wait to meet you all! =) We rock!!!!!! c/o 2014 !!

Hey, congrats on your acceptance and all, but the state is Oregon not Oregan. Just in case it's not a typo :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Glad to see that I won't be the only bad speller in the class.

Hello everyone! Getting pretty excited already, haven't quite started counting the days yet...trying to wait until spring term ends first. :D

So exciting! Welcome to Oregon everyone, this summer is going to be awesome.

Yay I didn't know there was a thread for this! In case you guys don't know, there's a facebook group for our class as well.

To anyone still waiting on financial aid info: I received my packet in the mail on Saturday. If anyone has questions, feel free to ask. I filed my FAFSA right before the priority deadline.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know if there is parking available near the bottom of the tram?

ZaccaZ I saw your post in the secondary thread. I thought this discussion might be better in the class thread.

I have the same question regarding parking! It will be really convenient to just park there and take the tram.

Regarding financial aid, is it basically all covered by govt. (stafford??) loans? I have to admit I have very limited knowledge about this..

Does anybody know where OHSU students usually live? I saw some really nice apartments at the bottom of the tram. The ones on the hill are a little nasty.

You guys that have been accepted already, do you know of any explanation for the waitlist only making it to 37 last year (don't know if any of you guys are reapplicants and got on the waitlist last year)? I'm ranked 38, probably the most stressful number I can think of right now.

Wow! That would be stressful.

I don't have any answers for you... I have heard that they usually take more than that, so maybe the economic fiasco had an effect on med school applications.

Good luck! :luck:

Does anyone know if we are required to buy any equipment other than a stethoscope for school?
ophthalmoscope? otoscope??