Organic and Physics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedicineManACL

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Ok so i just had my first day of school and found out two of my three organic chemistry and physics tests will be on the same day!!!!I feel like i should drop one but i think that would really hurt my chances in graduating in four years since i do a lot of missions in the summer so i cannot make it up then.

Open for any and all advice!!!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey everyone!

Ok so i just had my first day of school and found out two of my three organic chemistry and physics tests will be on the same day!!!!I feel like i should drop one but i think that would really hurt my chances in graduating in four years since i do alot of missions in the summer so i cannot make it up then.

Thanks!

Study hard. Know your material well.:thumbup:

Are they back to back? I had orgo I and physics II twice on the same days as well before and it wasn't too bad. I felt bad for my friend, though. He had back to back calc II, orgo, and physics twice in one semester. Ouch. Just ration out your study time. GL. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
That's how Genetics, O Chem and Biostats was for me last semester. Test days were awful because they were 1/2 hour apart, and finals were just terrible. You'll get through it though, just study study study and then take a few hours off before the tests to relax; because if you're all high strung going into that second and third test you're going to crash.

That's how it was for me last year taking physics and ochem together. It was tough and I had to study a lot, but I came out pretty well in the end. It's doable.

Hey everyone!

Ok so i just had my first day of school and found out two of my three organic chemistry and physics tests will be on the same day!!!!I feel like i should drop one but i think that would really hurt my chances in graduating in four years since i do alot of missions in the summer so i cannot make it up then.

Thanks!

Study till you know it cold and you can get through test day.

a lot is two words. Not picking on you, but I am so tired of seeing this mistake. It is more popular than your/you're.

Do you get to use a formula sheet on exams for physics? If so, manipulation of said formula sheet will yield high marks. We were told we could write anything on them, so I wrote formulas, what the variables in the formulas represent, and units. Don't forget the units!

My physics teacher was awesome and would let you take the test before/right after test day if you had more than 2 tests on the same day. If you have a receptive teacher they might help you out. >.>

a lot is two words. Not picking on you, but I am so tired of seeing this mistake. It is more popular than your/you're.

Do you get to use a formula sheet on exams for physics? If so, manipulation of said formula sheet will yield high marks. We were told we could write anything on them, so I wrote formulas, what the variables in the formulas represent, and units. Don't forget the units!

Correction has been made.

No different than MCAT... good mental preparation

Hey everyone!

Ok so i just had my first day of school and found out two of my three organic chemistry and physics tests will be on the same day!!!!I feel like i should drop one but i think that would really hurt my chances in graduating in four years since i do a lot of missions in the summer so i cannot make it up then.

Thanks!
haha welcome to college!

:p

plan ahead and you'll be fine. freshman year, i had calc, chem, and bio exams back to back to back a couple times. it sucks, but it happens. sophomore year physics and ochem never overlapped until finals (which was a nightmare to study for but they both turned out very well). it's a daunting task but with preparation you'll be more than ready.

No different than MCAT... good mental preparation

thats what i was going to say. mcat is like taking 3 really hard finals one after the other with essentially no breaks between. four if you count the writing sample? thats just more obnoxious than anything else though

bad time schedules are bound to happen at some point in your college career. i think it seems a bit intimidating, but it's no different than having them spaced apart. c'mon, you're "pre-med". nothing should be impossible =)

One semester I had an Organic test and a molecular biology test on the same day every time. I think I actually did better in both classes because it forced me to start studying earlier and manage my time instead of waiting until the day before to start studying. When I did really well on both tests, it was a major morale booster as well.

If anything, think of it as conditioning for medical school. The whole multiple tests per day / excruciatingly long tests thing will only get worse. At least in undergrad you have time to study.