Organic Chem Class, Genetics, Bio statistics, and Sociology in One semester... Will this be Hard?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ivygisselle28

Reaction score
This semester I have to take Organic Chem with the lab, Bio statistics I, Genetics, and Sociology for 15 credits. I've already taken all of my easier courses so now all I'm left with are harder science courses. Do you guys think this will be manageable?

And then next semester I would have to take Animal Phys, biochemistry, Intro to Methods in Biotechnology, Physics with lab and philosophy of science (also 15 credits).

Should I move anything around or should this schedule be fine.

Members don't see this ad.

We couldn't tell you for sure. Difficulty varies depending on the institution. You need to ask an upperclassman from your school NOT a random on SDN

Reactions: 1 users
u can do it, just stay focused and work hard!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the course load is very hard because I'm not that smart. I think it would help you look good during the application process and get used to difficult course loads in Dental School. The downside is it may reduce your GPA and the subjects aren't relevant to Dental. My experience was that undergrad Biochem, Phys, Microbiology, and Histology were totally different than in DS.

I would work on time mgt, minimizing distractions, and train your focus and concentration which hopefully will help with DS course work.

In a word? Yes :confused: At least that would’ve been hard at my alma mater. Genetics was no joke! But I agree with asking an upperclassman from you school. They can tell you how to better organize your class load.

EDIT: The level of difficulty will also depend on how heavily involved you are in extracurriculars. If you were like me and had 2 jobs and sat on a few e-boards... it’s going to be hard lol. Doable, but hard.

Last edited:
Are you going to take organic chem 2? Many schools require it and you’re selling yourself short of potential leads if you don’t get those requirements. I took 20 credits on average including gen chem 2 with the lab at night. The workload is possible but you have to have the discipline to make it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk